RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain

But I'm never satisfied so I cranked it up to 64 grid squares.... And this is what I like to refer to as "beyond the great stability". Or that point where MV starts to get very weird. Lights started going crazy all over the map, particles started shifting like mad... It was pretty cool actually. :LZSexcite: Though unplayable. :kaoback:
Dalph
Dalph
Now you can even draw ingame!
I can finally uninstall Paint 3D.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Not going to lie... I was hoping to make it silly long so I could write a message in the screenshot. Unfortunately her hit box around her feet is 60x60, she's 160 pixels tall. So you can see how wide the paths are, which means I need about 7 spaces just to have one blank grid space between the paths. Makes drawing hard... for now. :LZSwink:
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
"For now" XD
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Just for chuckles I shrank the paths giving me way more resources to play with. :LZSwink:

This is 186 paths.
gstv87
gstv87
"So, how trippy do you want the art style?"
"Yes."
Riazey
Riazey
[insert clever comment about MOAR SPORKLES]
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain

It's a bit "scuffed" due to just how laggy it was to get so many paths on the screen at once. But I'm getting there. :LZSexcite: I literally created a jump setup just so I could create blank spaces (since the system that puts paths under the player is automated). I should probably make an erase that grabs that last path in the array and deletes it. Hmm...
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
Careful~ You're getting sidetracked ^^
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Haha, there's actually a method to my madness. What I'm really doing is seeing how much I can optimize the path mechanic. The more of them I can successfully get on the screen, the less resources it means each one is using. So since I'm obviously not going to allow them to have 200 paths (mobs would explode), it means I've got more resources for other stuff. :LZSwink:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
The big problem here is actually that each one is a light source. I turned off the light plugin and had no problem getting to 200 paths at 60FPS... But having 200 extra light sources on the screen along with whatever other light sources is quite a lot to ask. The Lighting plugin just starts tripping out. :kaoback:
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
*reads intellectual comment made by smart person while leaving idle MV open in front and jamming to 2010 kpop music* I see. Well, you always find a way so I'm sure you'll figure out a way out to improve it :thumbsup-left: *MV cries in the corner*
Dalph
Dalph
You achieved what MZ couldn't do. We really are wowed now.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
@Dalph Nah you can be wowed when I manage to draw the full "RPG Maker MV" message without it being a total lag fiesta. :LZSwink:

@Hyouryuu-Na It's okay, MV knows what it did. :kaolivid:
Sigony
Sigony
This is impressive.
You got spunk kid.
Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Sometimes I think the first "demo" should just be letting people draw things in the Dev room. :LZSwink:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...
now that fmod is free for indie(<200k revenue), it would be interesting to see someone add fmod support for rpg maker
Can't say I can't promise progress on a project just yet. But I can say I had fun databasing tonight. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sulthorne