RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Nobody really works on their game here, we just show up to collect those sweet, sweet profile post reactions. :LZSwink:
Sigony
Sigony
It’s bad for the mind, but good for the cockles.
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
Well, don't be like me. Hope you actually get some work done ^^
Riazey
Riazey
:kaoswt: Sometimes I'm like "IMMA BE SO PRODUCTIVE TODAY" then suddenly I've been looking at reddit posts for 10 hours straight-
Sigony
Sigony
I thank The Nine every day for Trello.
Because I would have had no idea what I was working on, since it's been like a month since I even touched the project.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I don't think I'll ever understand people who take long breaks from a project. If I'm working on something creative, it's pretty much all I want to do. Then again I don't exactly have a social life with Covid so er... Aside my business... I can't imagine much else getting in my way. You guys are basically the only non-business related people I talk to these days. :kaoswt:
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
I don't understand people who work on their game on a regular basis XD It's not normal to have that much motivation and willpower X"D That's a compliment btw... as we live in a world of procrastination and hopelessness ^^ Ah I'd love to watch a live stream of someone working on their game just to see wtf they do to get so much work done :")
Sigony
Sigony
Unconscious thought theory (UTT). If you take a break, you tend to come back with new ideas, because your unconscious mind is still churning.

I have heaps of new ideas.

But also, this project is a low priority and I have obligations and such
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I suppose that's fair. I get dropping something for a few days, even a week if real life is that pressing. I just can't imagine a month. Then again I also just like tinkering with stuff whenever an idea comes up, so I naturally find myself messing with it even if I shouldn't. :kaoswt:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
@Hyouryuu-Na I honestly just find the whole thing fascinating. It's an endless supply of puzzles, that also gives me an excuse to do art. So it's a lot more of needing to force myself to do other things, versus needing to force myself to work on the game. Then again I also drop ideas if I'm not fascinated by them. This is actually my 4th game, I just didn't like the others enough to release them.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I figure if I don't like an idea enough to be fascinated by it, then I doubt others will be as well. There's a level of love and care that goes into what amounts to an obsession, and I think that's just necessary to make great things.
//shrugs
Could just be me finding a way to justify my obsessive personality though. :kaoswt:
Reactions: Sigony

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Let's promote our amazing artists in RPG Maker community! I posted right now about my game Phil Alone on Twitter and I decided to thanks Lime Zu, the amazing artist that did all the pixel assets for my game!
I just realised that the reason behind me not being able to make a game may be the lack of my original resources. I just dont like the look of MV faces and sprites, lol. Guess I will have make my own art.
I'm posting a commission art soon! :kaoswt2:
So here's a fun/tragic fact about me: I have an awful memory. But to be correct, I have memory "leaks". My memory is actually amazing, my issue is I can't keep memories for long, in fact, I once forgot my name. :kaoswt2:
The neighbourhood cats brought me a kitten today. They sat him on the step and semi-circled him. He's adorable, but now I gotta find somewhere for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiliamsons