RPG Maker Forums

Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
I can see myself using something like thing if given the chance ^^ Sometimes editing things in the editor becomes a pain when there's too many things to change ^^; That's when I feel like just find-replacing all instances of that thing.
Reactions: ??????
??????
??????
Yea, small events are normally fine to manage, but sometimes you have to change things in bulk, and a good text editor like visual studio code could be more efficient than doing it in rm. Like, what if you had to change all instances of a non actor npc character or place name or something :|
localization could also be so much easier this way :D
Soulrender
Soulrender
I'm willing to pay if this also be done for MV.
??????
??????
my plugins are mostly compatible (only a few have issues) with both mv and mz, but I dont see any reason this one wouldnt work fine.
Starbird_Resources
  • Haha
Soulrender
Soulrender
That's amazing, too bad I don't use TT I would totally follow you there :]
If this will be ready, I definetly make a GUI event editor for that plugin :) (Already got concept :D )
ramza
ramza
Is it just me or does Dekita's name show as all question marks for anybody else only on the forums?
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
MV/MZ's script editor is an abomination best taken behind a shed and shot. Anything that replaces it is most welcome. :LZSwink:
  • Haha
Sigony
Sigony
If you could make some kind of eventing shorthand, that would be really nice.
Could even have a preset for text editors to highlight keywords. :kaoblush:

@ImaginaryVillain I remember the last time you made that joke, and it's still funny
??????
??????
@Soulrender for me, the point is to avoid the editor! :p

@ramza yes its like that for everyone, including me. its a bug caused by a forum update that happened years ago. new software cannot understand the fancy ascii characters i had used.
??????
??????
@ImaginaryVillain yes, shoot it, then shoot it again.

@Sigony yea thats basically what this is, and it uses a specific file format that already supports syntax highlighting :p
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
At this point if I'm using MV's script command, I actually type it up in Visual Studio Code then just paste it in. In fact I often turn my common events into functions in my scripts. Really the only thing that comes out rather funky is move routes and wait commands, everything else is actually easier to do via scripting.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DenRebrov wrote on Celianna's profile.
Seliana, will you be making desert tiles in the ancient dungeon?
Working on a casual shirt and jeans for female MZ gen. Woo.
Crazy idea: a crossover game made to showcase different RPG Maker games. Dimension crossing is involved and you get to play as different people's characters in some wacky nonsense plot.
HexMozart88 wrote on Citali's profile.
Kikuo!
The lack of bike trails and bungee jump areas in this city should be criminalized.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GodChosenTheGame