RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Sanity never led to anywhere interesting. :LZSwink:
Reactions: Quexp
taarna23
taarna23
True! Although I also don't know c++ so that might put a damper on things. Although it's not the first time I've jumped head-first into a huge project I knew little about written in a language I never learned... although the last one, I was at least getting paid for my work. :p
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
That's fair. I've been considering C# myself. Though I really want to finish my current game first. It's too easy go off on a tangent. So I've barred myself from going off on non-JS tangents while I'm working on this game. :kaoswt:
Sigony
Sigony
I just don’t like managing pointers and addresses in c++, I’ve been spoilt by JS and I really don’t want to go back.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Honestly, my only gripe is how badly JS handles multiple cores. So it always seems like it's a fight to accomplish the performance of other languages. Probably 60% of my time is spent beating it into submission. Which reminds me, I really need to setup a worker or two instead of pushing everything to GPU. :popcorn:
Quexp
Quexp
"I'm poking...with a stick."
That made me laugh but I love the way you phrased that. I might end up using it next time I try something new.

I felt overwhelmed with trying new plugins but finally poked VS with a 10 foot pole the other day. I found them to be a lot to take in so moved on but just found Moghunter yesterday and WOW, no stick needed...dove right in! :)
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Mog's stuff is fantastic, to this day I still use his weather plugin. Also I said if he ever completed his "Star Ocean Battle System" plugin, I would buy MZ. :LZSexcite:
Reactions: Quexp
Quexp
Quexp
I'm sure VS is powerful as there are a ton of options but Mog's stuff is clean and easy to use (hope that makes sense). Maybe I'll poke VS with a stick once get a little more familiar with using plugins. :)
taarna23
taarna23
Visual Studio can be daunting, but it's really not that bad. I'm a stubborn lazybutt, tho, and still code my plugin stuff in notepad++.
Quexp
Quexp
I don't code but can relate to the lazybutt part. Hahaha
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Lazy is when I foolishly code a quick script in MV... the butt part is when it's got some syntax error and I copy and paste it into VS Code to see where it is. :kaoswt:
taarna23
taarna23
Eh, I mash F12 to pop up the console. It tells me what line I flubbed at and the issue will be there, or close. Having to hunt for a missed close-paren is just punishment for not doing it properly in the first place. XD

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just realised that the reason behind me not being able to make a game may be the lack of my original resources. I just dont like the look of MV faces and sprites, lol. Guess I will have make my own art.
I'm posting a commission art soon! :kaoswt2:
So here's a fun/tragic fact about me: I have an awful memory. But to be correct, I have memory "leaks". My memory is actually amazing, my issue is I can't keep memories for long, in fact, I once forgot my name. :kaoswt2:
The neighbourhood cats brought me a kitten today. They sat him on the step and semi-circled him. He's adorable, but now I gotta find somewhere for him.
So basically, I added strings to my musics and BAM, it doesn't sound empty anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiggle