RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Also if I ever make a Mario Kart style game... I know exactly how I'd make a Rainbow Road... Just saying. :LZSwink:
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
Oof how this pops up among my dark mode-ed screen *0* The trees look like they've been sucking blood instead of water which is why the leaves are so red XD Maybe the roots connect to a stream of blood! I should sleep. Weird thoughts like this is a bad sign *proceeds to ruin brain doing cse assignment*
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Haha yes, I've got dark mode on as well. Nice and eye bleeding levels of colorful, exactly as intended. :LZSexcite: I didn't think of the trees as blood trees though. I was aiming for more of a utopia or heavenly realm. So that might need something of a change, though I do rather like the contrast. Not going to lie... I can't wait until I get past the sparkly stuff though. Kind of getting tired of making it.
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
Noo how can sporkle boi be tired of sparkles!!???
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
You know it's funny, I waffle between if I should spoil part of the story in the game's thread or not. Partially because I want to be certain I can make it as I want so I don't want to say something I'm not able to do. Also the shock at just how dark this story really is will be so much more exciting if players don't know why in advance. But it might attract more people if I spoil some of it. Hmm...
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
Some people may not even be into sparkles :/ Maybe you can spoil the bare minimum :)
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
That's what I'm thinking. I mean surely they noticed some of the more evil oriented maps I spoiled in screenshots and Youtube videos. So I'm sure some people know at least part of what's up... Plus a very early description listed Lumina (the main character) as a dead goddess. Up until I decided I could make this chapter, she was just going to start off dead... But oh no, the new first chapter is "Dying Light"...
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
... and she's very much alive. Chapter 2 was originally where it would start... Can you guess what has to happen in chapter 1? :LZSwink:

Afterwards well, then we get to down the rabbit hole of actual bad things. :LZSexcite: I mean I did say American McGee's Alice and Alice Madness Returns were heavy inspirations. And what happens in chapter 1 doesn't even include that kind of stuff.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
But I have stuff like an area called "Sanity's End", and even an unrevealed boss who literally attacks by torturing a character you're linked to like some sort of deranged voodoo doll. Yes... Confirmed, this game is 110% entirely about sparkles! :LZSangel:

But seriously, I wonder if anybody looked up those games after I mentioned them, I mean Alice Madness Returns goes down a very dark path.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Other things nobody seems to question.... Why is my character always running? Why did I make the maps disintegrate? How come later maps have eyes watching the player? Why did some later maps have people's faces in the maps? And that's just stuff I've shown in screenshots or YouTube videos. Honestly, I can't wait for people see where it's all going. :LZSexcite:
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
Looks like you've put a lot of thought into the game :0 That's great! I decide the starting and the ending and everything in the middle is completely up to what my brain can decide on the spot XD Honestly, I didn't know your game had a story XD I thought it's a timed action packed sort of game where you have to fight monsters and leave the map before it disappears or something along those lines XD
Sigony
Sigony
IV is a big brain individual, who knows that a story enhances the emotional impact. It gives a “why” to the action of fighting monsters.

Humans are story creatures. You can use storytelling principles to enhance most things. Like promise, progress, payoff, addition, reduction, heightening, etc etc

@Hyouryuu-Na
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Haha, well that's really my fault. I removed any mention of the story and characters awhile back, due to being uncertain if I could make the first chapter I wanted or not. And up until recently I wasn't sure, but now it's the furthest along chapter and going to be the demo. So now I can elaborate on it more.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
This particular chapter I'm making now is an adaption of the first chapter of the story I was originally going to tell. Mostly because it's a prologue of sorts, or was in the original story and setups up Lumina as a character. Unfortunately since she was never intended to be the main character, (but ended up that way due to her gameplay being more entertaining)... I now to expand on her backstory.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Otherwise I'm trying to arrive at a very specific end that setups the other story, and these events are just a prequel to that. So as weird as it is, I too have an ending and a beginning written... Even if it wasn't ever intended to be that way. And now I'm telling a very weird, unintended Alice in Wonderland style story to get there. Which suits me, I always did like those kinds of stories anyway. :LZSexcite:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
@Sigony Shhhhh! You'll give me away! :kaoback:

It's only mindless high speed action, and sparkles.... I would never pick up a World Anvil to sort my 70,000 words worth of notes. That's obviously just lies and slander. No story here. Nope.... None. :kaoswt:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sooo I tried CSP Ex today.
this is Drizzt's theme https://tinyurl.com/y3m7ruml Theme Name: Foon by Toon, Persons theme: Drizzt...
I'm still around. Just the job, family things, and another Covid scare to make sure that I'm good and distracted from RM :-/
SF_Actor3_6 added!

trying to make my first public game... stuck trying to make a tileset... oh man.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serg_rpg