ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Social media? Or actual plugin stuff?
  • Haha
Reactions: ??????
??????
??????
??????
But tbh, yea, both. I update a plugin and have to go around multiple different places, patron, itch, twitter, my own website, (today has had me update 3 freaking demos) and then i still need to youtube a clip and crap. So much time spent doing random busywork and not actual code :'(
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Yeah, it's amazing how much extra work has to go into stuff that's not even directly game dev related just be successful. Just knowing that I have to have a successful following on the various socials, and YouTube to even have a chance to make my game successful... Really begs the biggest question of all, why am I not just doing YouTube? Also that reminds me I have to make a lot of those you listed too.
  • Haha
??????
??????
Yea for sure. Its super easy to get overlooked unless you go out of your way to promote. You could have the next pokemon type phenomenon and unless people see it, your not gonna go far. It must be nice for those youtubers and such who can afford to hire editors etc. I'd totally hire me some social media people and editors if I could :D
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Pretty much, where as on the other hand you could have the worst game in the world, but you're just so popular people play it anyway. I like to think of it as if PewDiePie released RipOffHangman9000, the sad part is it would be instantly more successful than anything anyone here will likely ever make. So Step 1: Be famous, Step 2: Make whatever you want, Step 3: Profit. :LZSwink:
  • Haha
??????
??????
Yea for sure! I've thought about making a game featuring a bunch of youtubers with dlc character packs. Could then send out affiliate type codes to each of the youtubers you featured so they will get like 30% cut of whatever people who use their code spend. Some would probably say no still and not allow you to use their likeness, but Im sure there would be others that'd shill for that deal like theres no tomorrow!
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Or just make something like Among Us where you can get popular streamers to sit around arguing with each other instead of needing to make actual gameplay. :LZSwink:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DenRebrov wrote on Celianna's profile.
Seliana, will you be making desert tiles in the ancient dungeon?
Working on a casual shirt and jeans for female MZ gen. Woo.
Crazy idea: a crossover game made to showcase different RPG Maker games. Dimension crossing is involved and you get to play as different people's characters in some wacky nonsense plot.
HexMozart88 wrote on Citali's profile.
Kikuo!
The lack of bike trails and bungee jump areas in this city should be criminalized.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown_entity