RPG Maker Forums

LTN Games
LTN Games
Phaser is amazing, a really solid game framework and very easy to grasp, happy game making!
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I briefly looked at it. Kind of afraid to fall down another engine rabbit hole though, so I backed away slowly. XD
Eliaquim
Eliaquim
@LTN Games Yes, for sure! The thing is that have a lot of tutorials, for everything. I think using RM MV/MZ we still have to reinvent the wheel a lot of times, like mobile export for example. But it seems that is not like that with phaser ^^
Eliaquim
Eliaquim
@ ImaginaryVillain Well, I'm a little afraid and anxious too. But I'm getting it little by little. Their site tutorials are really great and helpful! If you follow it, you will be sure handle it quite easier :)
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Yeah, it looked pretty good. I've just already figured out how to do so much inspite of using MV. I'm afraid to look at other engines too much lest I run off with one. :kaoswt:
Eliaquim
Eliaquim
hahaha! I know that. In the beginning, I was feeling the same, like " Now that I've learned a lot of the MV/MZ core codes I will switch engines?" So I was reluctant at the beginning, but I was amazed by being able to make a space shooter prototype in 1 hour or so. Well, let's see what happen xD
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Yeah.... I spent one night making a 3D Lego thing in Unity. I admit if I wasn't as far along as I am.... I'd just jump ship. At first I didn't want to move because I've spent so much time learning JS. But the reality is, it's such a poor language for game design... I should just take the plunge and learn C#. However I really want to actually finish my game someday, so I stay.
Eliaquim
Eliaquim
Weel, I will also try to complete a game with MZ, just for honor xD
Some people already tell me to go to Unity too. But, I'm on this too, I've learned JS so I want to use it now. Besides, Phaser is also JS, so that gives me a boost xD
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I admit I don't know much about the Phaser community, but what makes MV/MZ (I guess) so useful is the plugin system. That's really why I'm looking at Unity, you can just get say their RPG kit (which is free) and make a top down RPG. Options like that, plus a whole community making stuff for it means a lot of work is saved. It's why I'm more interested in it over something like Godot or Phaser.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
As for MZ... It takes so long to make a quality game, I'm not really interested in just making a game for the sake of it in an engine. If it offered something to make it worth it, I'd consider it. But after this project, my next project will likely be even more serious, not less. So I want the engine to be more capable. :LZSwink:
taarna23
taarna23
Honestly... I looked into using other engines... I'm not making the game I 100% want to, but if I used another engine, I'd need non-RM resources, and I haven't got too many of those. So, I'll make 90% of the game I want to make, and be happy with that.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sooo I tried CSP Ex today.
this is Drizzt's theme https://tinyurl.com/y3m7ruml Theme Name: Foon by Toon, Persons theme: Drizzt...
I'm still around. Just the job, family things, and another Covid scare to make sure that I'm good and distracted from RM :-/
SF_Actor3_6 added!

trying to make my first public game... stuck trying to make a tileset... oh man.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noae123