RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
People really underestimate how many resources art can require. I ended up having to update my computer for exactly that reason. Looks like you might want to as well. :LZSwink:
  • Wow
Reactions: MrKiwi
MrKiwi
MrKiwi
11905x8418. Yee, this computer is kinda old, its not even mine, so an upgrade wouldn't be bad idea.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Wow... why so big? I mean the character sheets I have with 583 frames of animation at 160x160 are only 3840x4000... And I thought those were huge. :kaoswt:
Reactions: MrKiwi
MrKiwi
MrKiwi
I think I should change my software settings to scale on pixels instead of centimeters, apparently my scale conversion still too big. For a change I choosed to use a size preset today, so that's why it was bigger than usual. :kaopride: My usual draws are around 8000x6000 (ofc I have to downscale them after finished)
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Well... that definitely explains why you'll need a better computer, especially if you're heavy into using layers. Do you just like working at that size? Or is there a reason you opt for such a large canvas?
MrKiwi
MrKiwi
Most likely I just got used to this size, It has a good balance between usable-expendable space, I can tweak my brushes sizes as much as I want without running into the issues of being either too small or too big, and resulting resolution is really good, maybe I could try to go around 50% the size, but honestly besides today, I don't have issues with it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We're playing another Touch the Stars game jam entry, come join us! :D
Ok is telling someone that their drawing isnt good rude
I'm familiar with MZ thanks to jam now. I say it's a better working and looking MV. Lots of plugins too and FOSSIL helps alot. It's not bad.
Some more progress <3 and in most important news:
ALPACARAPTOR SPRITE! (not animated yet, though :( )
h4u90Sz.png
Caz
At the risk of giving myself even more work to do, I kinda wanna redraw the faces of the MV RTP to be a little less.. uhhhhh..

mv-redraw.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
somsomsom