RPG Maker Forums

SigmaSuccour
SigmaSuccour
Don't fall for FOMO. (Fear Of Missing Out.)
Feel free to wait it out till all the hype dies out. And you're in a better state of mind to decide.
These days, games only get better the later you get them anyways.
Puffer
Puffer
it's true that a part of me is falling for fomo, this is like one of the few games I actually get hyped up and really wanting to play (last one was botw, and that was like 3 years ago). When botw first launch and I was unable to play it, I just ended up spoiling the game for myself which did hurt my experience when I finally get to play it.
Puffer
Puffer
It's still amazing game regardless, but I just feel like I could have truly experience the game fresh and know nothing about it like the way it was intended if I get to play the game earlier. I'm just afraid it might happen again with me for cyberpunk, where instead of waiting patiently I would just unable to control and go watch gameplay on youtube
Featherbrain
Featherbrain
Pre-ordering games stopped making sense to me when they were no longer physical objects of limited quantity physically held at a store. I've also been burned a few too many times early-adopting what turned out to be broken, unoptimized or plain old stinkers. Unless there's a discount or substantive pre-order bonus I don't consider it. Can always buy it day one if I change my mind and download it like anyone else.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
If your savings will take a noticable hit by buying a game (or any form of entertainment) then you shouldn't do it. Aside from that I'm not a fan of pre-ordering.
Reactions: Puffer
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Cd project red is a rare exception that I'm probably going to buy full price, but I'm withholding buying it until it is out long enough for me to see where it stands bug-wise just because of the ambitious scope of the game and the delays that denote problems post-gold already. Props to them for delaying instead of releasing a bugged product though, I still have high hopes for it overall.
Reactions: Puffer

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Been working on some sprites, My favorite out of all of them is this guy, his name is Moss:
anyone else 'round here gonna be doing the retro game jam that's starting in a few days on itch.io?
I also wanted to say that my bro brought back nostalgia and got me a GBA SP for my birthday! Ah, the memories of Pokémon Sapphire and LeafGreen! It came in a gray shell but he ordered a red one so it'd look like the one I had as a kid. It looks brand new!
qhE9zC8.jpg
LsluASM.jpg
It's minus 50 out today, ugh. I'm so freaking cold. =_=;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MitchMann12