RPG Maker Forums

ScorchedGround
ScorchedGround
I don't believe there is such a word, as everything either is alive or dead.
You know, there are stages like "barely alive" or "on the brink of death", but you are still alive.

If we are talking fantasy/science fiction, words like "Undead" are quite popular,
You know, stuff like zombies, vampires and ghosts. Not really "alive" as we know it, but still animate beings.
slimmmeiske2
slimmmeiske2
It's called Schrödinger's Cat!
slimmmeiske2
slimmmeiske2
Bastrophian
Bastrophian
@slimmmeiske2 , @ScorchedGround - yeah, I thought about that, but that would imply that something was living, then died, and then undied. X3 Im trying to make up/find a word that implies a state of something that STARTS not dead or alive. But yup, pretty much like Schrodinger's Cats! :3
Jennavieve
Jennavieve
I feel like something with "demi" in it would fit what you're talking about. Maybe something like demimortal, demiliving, or demianimate?
QuexpRPG
QuexpRPG
I can't think of anything either but will throw a few words your way in case they spur on ideas: comatose, vegetable, braindead.

If there's a synonym for "alert" that starts with a "V", maybe "_____ Vegetable"? You'd think there would be a word for what you're describing but -- WHEW -- that's a tough one.

Edit: The question you posed just gave me a character idea! Braindead Butcher
caethyril
caethyril
Determine solid definitions for "alive" and "dead", then see what's left? :kaohi:

Also, to clarify, Schrodinger's cat is a thought experiment to demonstrate the limits of scientific models: the uncertainty pertains to the model, not (necessarily) reality. It was popularised via quantum theory because for very small things, accurate measurement is much more difficult to achieve. :kaoslp:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1675897032343.png
Working on an important character's model today: Saken! One of Cyprian's friends from the Hofau school. There he is as a teen student on the left and as an adult Deputy Minister of Love on the right. He dyed his hair.
I always have a hard time writing mean characters. To me, their words sound like a normal comment I receive on a regular basis, but to others it's too much.
AAAGH... I hurt my back at work today and now I can't move from my lower back area. I've been resting like crazy, alternating heat and cold, and hoping tomorrow's dentist appointment isn't ruined...
So far Hogwarts legacy doesn't live up to hype.
Going through alls the stats I have from my testplays. It is so interesting how most people got about the average expected results, but some have some very weird outlieing ones that I now have to try to understand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MidnandAlex