RPG Maker Forums

ScorchedGround
ScorchedGround
I don't believe there is such a word, as everything either is alive or dead.
You know, there are stages like "barely alive" or "on the brink of death", but you are still alive.

If we are talking fantasy/science fiction, words like "Undead" are quite popular,
You know, stuff like zombies, vampires and ghosts. Not really "alive" as we know it, but still animate beings.
slimmmeiske2
slimmmeiske2
It's called Schrödinger's Cat!
slimmmeiske2
slimmmeiske2
Bastrophian
Bastrophian
@slimmmeiske2 , @ScorchedGround - yeah, I thought about that, but that would imply that something was living, then died, and then undied. X3 Im trying to make up/find a word that implies a state of something that STARTS not dead or alive. But yup, pretty much like Schrodinger's Cats! :3
Jennavieve
Jennavieve
I feel like something with "demi" in it would fit what you're talking about. Maybe something like demimortal, demiliving, or demianimate?
Quexp
Quexp
I can't think of anything either but will throw a few words your way in case they spur on ideas: comatose, vegetable, braindead.

If there's a synonym for "alert" that starts with a "V", maybe "_____ Vegetable"? You'd think there would be a word for what you're describing but -- WHEW -- that's a tough one.

Edit: The question you posed just gave me a character idea! Braindead Butcher
caethyril
caethyril
Determine solid definitions for "alive" and "dead", then see what's left? :kaohi:

Also, to clarify, Schrodinger's cat is a thought experiment to demonstrate the limits of scientific models: the uncertainty pertains to the model, not (necessarily) reality. It was popularised via quantum theory because for very small things, accurate measurement is much more difficult to achieve. :kaoslp:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

gotta love when a plugin you thought had nothing to do with why something else wasn't working winds up being the issue...
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Well... it's been a while since I was last here :kaoswt: I don't want to say I'm officially 'back' yet, but I've recently started working with RM again, so I might become active here again :kaohi:
Mmmm I love Coca Cola candy! :kaoluv:
aaaand my power is out. I sometimes think that I'm cursed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
machakimen