RPG Maker Forums

BiometalNeo
BiometalNeo
What kind of dragon is it? :3
MrKiwi
MrKiwi
I really love this one! It looks like a norse mythology dragon.
Finnuval
Finnuval
@BiometalNeo Well I dunno... lol. Been a while so I just started sketching with no clear plan in mind... Which is kinda the reason I got stumped on colors xD
@MrKiwi Thanks! There actually is influence from several cultures in this design :0

So I went with Fire (yeah, not that original) so what do you guys think of this colorcheme?
Finnuval
Finnuval
Ps @MrKiwi the Norse feel is because of the shorter snout, more doglike ;)
Reactions: MrKiwi
BiometalNeo
BiometalNeo
It looks great, very classic colours and definitely a norse style I think. Maybe have a look at some of the designs from "How to Tame your Dragon"? Sure some of the Dracology stuff maybe useful too.
MrKiwi
MrKiwi
Mmm... that might be it, all I can say for sure its not a chinese dragon style :kaoswt:

The colour scheme is good, it certainly gives it a more magma/flame like..? look, but I think a bit of variety between the yellow-orange brighter tunes would look better :kaopride:
Finnuval
Finnuval
@MrKiwi yeah the snout determines a lot - though there are 2 things in that design that actually are very Asian in origin lol (the whiskers and eyebrows). As for the color, yeah well it still needs shading so that should break it up and give a bit of variety I think
Finnuval
Finnuval
But a good tip for anyone who wants to draw a convincing dragon : use the skull of a real animal as base. Dog skulls and horse skulls in particular give a very good starting point to work from. Crocs for more asian like dragons and bird skulls can be fun to.
Finnuval
Finnuval
Added some shade to the face so far - admittingly shading isn't my strong suit

@MrKiwi @BiometalNeo What do you guys think?
  • Wow

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Signed a lease on a new place today. Back into town, closer to shops, family and takeaway - none of those could be a good thing! 10 days to moving date.
let me introduce you to my worlds source of "wool". A pretty simple-minded, easily scared and mostly blind, double-headed big wooly bird thingy :D Children may be able to ride on a trained one, but they don't support the weight of adults, so they aren't suitable for transportation. And herders use the shown tool to give them sound commands
6nwyqEJ.png
This Life is a Dream is in full production! More pics and some free promo assets coming soon!
Dragonfly3116 wrote on Redweaver's profile.
i need to ask do you mind sending me a link to tutorial town an legend of ancients Please My new Email is necroboy1973@gmail.com
I Am A Member On The Site Here As Well If Your Still teaching Let Me Know Thanks Joseph

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueNoper