bgillisp
bgillisp
Buy so you can use the assets from it.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Yeah I tell myself that too.
zzmmorgan
zzmmorgan
The more of them you buy the more incentive you have to ultimately finish a game......

I think......
watermark
watermark
If it makes you feel better, I bought the original Japanese version of SRPG Studio which I couldn't understand but thought I could. Then a while later I bought the EXACT same engine on Steam, but in English cause it turned out I really couldn't understand. And so far I have made zero games on either.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
I also snagged SRPG Studio to make that childhood dream of a personal fire emblem a reality...and also haven't done anything with it either.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Realistically, converting your game over to a new engine would only slow down your game's completion anyway. So if completing a game is your goal, I'd pass. However if you just like a new shiny bauble to play with, then it's likely got your back. :LZSwink:
bgillisp
bgillisp
5 engines is nothing. I got RPGMaker 2000, 2003, XP, VX, VXAce, MV, MZ, Smile, Shoot Em Up Kit, SRPG Maker, Gameguru, Pixel Maker MV, and Visual Novel Maker.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Huh, if you own MV on Steam, there's a bundle option with it and MZ that discounts MZ a further 8%. So if you do end up buying it, don't forget to look for that since it ends up being 28% off. :LZSwink:
Finnuval
Finnuval
sod it, you know you WANT to xD
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
@bgillisp But haven't you at least completed a game? It's one thing to own all of the tools if you actually accomplished something with one of them, quite another if you all but know it's not anywhere close to in your priorities to do so anytime soon.

@Finnuval what are you my brain now?...you're right though.
bgillisp
bgillisp
True, I do have one completed full game and one completed jam entry at this point.
estriole
estriole
even you have not completed any game at least IF you have fun with the engine... i think that's still enough reason to buy it :D...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)
starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.
Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.
I know what I want in a loose sense. Maybe I should just make a post asking for opinions and suggestions.
Shoot Enemy Off-Screen, Run RPG Maker Game as a Web Server, & Thai Keyboard | RPG Maker News #109

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad_At_Scripting