RPG Maker Forums

Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
and ended up being rushed to the emergency room late June because of heart palpatations. A blood clot had dislodged and passed through her heart, a 1/3 chance of death that she was fortunate to survive. All along the ride down there I couldn't get over the fact that she'd asked me to come for Easter and I refused "for her benefit",
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
the fact I could have easily deprived her of the last time she ever got to see me in life for my own comfort. If she as someone who is immunocompromised wants to make the decision to risk having her family visit her, who am I to refuse that? I'd never forgive myself of that. So I'll visit her during these trying times,
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
and you can call me callous, a grandma-killing sociopath even if you will. But there is more to life than just staying alive, and I can't abide condemning my loved ones to forced-isolation against their will just to maybe prolong their lifespan an unknown amount. We need more empathy right now,
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
to many people are far to quick to pretend their fellow man is at fault for everything, that if we'd just all "follow all the rules" life would somehow be perfect and everything work itself out...but life has never worked that way, and many of us would rather not live in that world at all in any case, many of the grandmas we so desperately want to protect don't.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
So please, the next time the impulse grabs you to rage at someone else over our troubles, take a step back, realize we're all in this together, that we're not meant to live in a vacuum and try to empathize a bit, the world will be a better place for it on all sides.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
This has been your annual sappy, manic-depressive, alcohol and marijuanna-laced holiday PSA from an ignorant, drunken redneck.
Finnuval
Finnuval
Fully agree with that statement with 1 caviot : it applies to your own innercircle not beyond. What I mean is if you take that risk with your own loved ones because all of you agree to it and need it that is fine, Just dont envolve others aswell. So if you take risks be more mind full when engaging those outside of that circle as they did not agree to more risk...
Finnuval
Finnuval
For instance we celebrate christmas with both my son's grandma's cause like you we have that need. However we are thus more careful afterwards towards others since we take a risk that doesnt need to envolve others that Didnt chose to andd will be more mind full off distance etc as a result.
Finnuval
Finnuval
That said, ppl who act without regard for others - be it with this pandemic or any other situation - will always get my rage for it xD
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Same here (Though in my case that's more that I just don't have anyone to comingle with outside of work and family than anything else) and I think most people would agree with that without issue. The vast majority of people I know who flout the mandates in their entirety do so partially out of spite, they're tired of being demonized and figure why bother at all if they're branded grandma-killers either way.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
That's why empathy on all sides is so important right now, because it is in fact a 2-way street and when you show it you'll very likely receive it in turn. When you don't, you risk poisoning the minds of those you offend against it as well, and we all end up worse off.
Finnuval
Finnuval
Perhaps. However there is also a group that is just callous and doesnt care aswell. A small group, granted l, but they are there making a lot of noise.
Now i can understand being tired of being demonized but should that mean you turn into one as a result?
Finnuval
Finnuval
As understandable as it may be it too is wrong. And frankly wether you are actually callous or just fed up how other ppl treat you the moment you pose a risk to me and my loved ones ill have a problem with you... Cant blame me for that either ;)
Finnuval
Finnuval
So its more like a 4way street then a two way lol
But i agree more empathy on ALL sides would benefit everyone.
But that requires ppl to think in solutions instead of problems and humanity doesnt have the besst track record when uit comes to that.... Sadly
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
I'm not saying it is right but I am pointing out emphatically that it exists, and in my opinion that group far outweighs those who are callous just for callousness sake alone.

No, being demonized is absolutely no excuse for becoming closer to what you are demonized as...but it happens and the emotional impetus to respond that way is strong.
Finnuval
Finnuval
Oh I agree fully with that however its impossible for the 'other side' to see that difference at that point which Just muddies the water further. Simple fact is there is no right or wrong here things are what they are and well need to find a way.

But yeah, I agree with you. Just that one caviot xD
Finnuval
Finnuval
Both side are valid in a way. Depends on your own experiences aswell. And as always well need to find common ground to move forward. And we suck at that lol
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
I both appreciate and agree with said caveat. My overall point is we need more empathy on all sides of these issues. Both understanding that most people who disagree aren't doing so out of some callous malice just like most people demonizing those who flaunt the rules aren't doing so out of of self-righteousness (though a handful of both absolutely exist).
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
We're fighting human nature here, there are many ways to drive the wedge further, sympathy and understanding, whatever your overall stance, is about the only thing that will successfully bridge the increasing divide between us in such uncertain times though. And what better time to jump on that soapbox than the holidays?
Finnuval
Finnuval
So in conclusion we agree fully and were both preaching to the choir xD (in the hope others that read it might pick up on it)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I don't believe it. I actually did some proofreading in my game - and fixed some grammar errors! I feel so accomplished, knowing I can actually proofread my own writing!
...I've had a bad day, okay? Bad enough for me to want to proofread stuff. :yswt2:
Ughhh, July is not my month. Thankfully, it's nearly done.

I fixed the lips and noses for MZ! The files have been updated.
qQwgk8C.png

Everything below!
Ugh, I opened MV after a few weeks and I'm completely lost on what I was working on.
Does it happen to someone else or am I the only disorganized one around? :kaoswt:
xH5Fk2f.jpg
Today was not a really productive day, but at least i got some bust sketches going <3
E7QXZHNXoAIkpG8
hmm in exploring MZ with FOSSIL... I see I'll probably need to stick with MV for now as none of the menu altering plugins I use work on MZ lol. and I don't have the money to dump into what I would need in some cases to update plugins to their MZ versions. Everytime I think of converting, 5 or more reasons popup on why I shouldn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoulandSpirit