RPG Maker Forums

Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
That sounds fun though ^^ If executed properly, your idea could give rise to a good dementia (the genre) game XD Also I'd recommend Cat Soup if you like weird surreal stuff ^^
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
What is a "Wonderland" game if not an exercise in dementia right? ;)

You know I could probably squeeze in Cheshire Cat's "Can you stand on your head?" joke, by having the character stand on their own character portrait's head. Bonus points if it angers the portrait, and they argue over it. I could even have the portrait sprout intentionally poorly drawn arms and legs then jump out of the text box. =D
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
I... don't really know much about Alice in wonderland :") I read maybe a few pages as a part of my English class when I was a tiny kid. I think I got to the part where she turns big and small. Don't know what happens after that lol I like the Cheshire cat character through. Simply cause he was so intimidating, creepy and mysterious in Alice Mare XD
Btw please, you have to make a gif of that and show us XD
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Haha, well I need to make the scene first, but yeah I'll definitely post it.

As for Alice in Wonderland. I'm mostly just following the trope, which at the heart of the story is a "young" girl creating a absurd fantasy world to help her come to terms with real world issues. Sometimes it's as simple as adulthood.... Or as dark as seeing her family murdered.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I won't reveal what she's trying to come to terms with (that's no fun). I will reveal she will die if she doesn't make it out of "Wonderland" though. The clocks I've been sneaking into my stuff aren't because I like clocks... I want the player to know time is ticking. ;)
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
And in case players aren't that astute I made giant wall of nothing that is disintegrating the world behind them. Which might as well be the most ham-fisted way possible of saying "run you fool!" XD

But at least nobody can accuse me of suddenly introducing the "last boss" out of nowhere. It's right behind you the whole game. ;)
KazukiT
KazukiT
That sounds like very meta situation where you think about but are afraid to implement. Well, I would anyway.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bestringtonesnett