RPG Maker Forums

Aerosys
Aerosys
Why is it that my Map Generation is public and your's not? What are you waiting for? :p
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
The biggest problem is it's not in a neat package. Here's the gist of it...
1. My event spawner takes a list of events, along with quantities, then randomizes them into an array that tracks eventID, X, Y. It then injects that code into MZ's update cycle so that if the player is close enough to an event's location it puts it there, else it removes it. This is because MZ can't handle these maps normally.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Also this is a very unstable method, which I have improved but not resolved.

2. Events spawn in, remove themselves from the array, attempt to move one space down. If they fail they randomize and try again else they add themselves back to the array. The is so QMovement's colliders can come into play instead of just the grid, and nothing is impassible. Hence the events bashing into each other.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I haven't found a way to include this into a plugin yet as it happens while the player is playing.

3. Events pictures are all created by Particle Emitter, or my own image plugin. They are all coded to randomize their Z coordinate based what you're seeing. Water for instance spawns higher than the player so the player can go into it. Many of the images are actually created by the particle at the time of spawning,
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
like ground you see.. The maps are actually across around 100 Z layers.

And that is why it's not public code, I'd basically have to make my entire game's code public. Other stuff happens based on the events in question as well. But it's a lot of plugins, and in game code. To be honest, I doubt the setup is useful to most people anyway. Everything you see in my system is events...
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Maps are 100% blank. No tiles, no parallaxes, nothing, all events, all the time. So realistically all you'd get if I shared it is the system that setups an array randomly. Something I imagine you could easily make... 99% of the "magic" is in the events themselves. And now you see why I don't share it. Though maybe talking about the concepts is useful to you.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Of course this also allows me to do things like tell portions of that array to despawn, or not spawn at all at a whim. So I can disintegrate the map under the player and stuff. It's not a solid map, it never was. I'm working enemies being able to jump into and out of the map. Of course that requires them to interact with injected code. Which is tricky.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I probably need to subtract them from the array, then add them to a holding array until I put them back after the movement is over. Hmm... I will contemplate that. But seriously... can you imagine trying to explaining how to do all this to the average RM user? Even if I could package it neatly for them? :kaoback:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

how does everybody even finish anything

i have like 5 projects in the backburner and it's just so sad that i probably won't get to finish all or maybe even any of them
Did you know that 90% of people in the world use the number in their sentence as they see fit?
It's been a long time since I was here but I have a lot of updates... btw I am teaching again about game programming and game design in some schools here in Brazil hahahaha It's good to see kids and teens learning this kind of thing!
welp, I literally can't continue working on ALEX now that my MZ trial is up (unless I somehow place in the jam which I don't remotely deserve to for my unfinished crap) so I am back on my bullshit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoyaGames