RPG Maker Forums

lianderson
lianderson
You read javabooks just for entertainment!? *looks at collection of arcane sigils about romantic vampires* I will never reach your levels! Your brain is far beyond mine. Good job human!
  • Haha
Reactions: Shaz
Shaz
Shaz
No, if I read them just for entertainment, I would have read it when I bought it, when MV was released. Instead I only used it as a reference, when I couldn't understand something I was seeing in MV's code. Now I need to build something outside of RPG Maker, so I need to learn all the stuff I never had to touch before. Currently at 30% (though I'm only going to page 700 so it's closer to 43%)
taarna23
taarna23
I've never been a good book learner, so I just tend to poke things and see what breaks. >.>
Shaz
Shaz
Although now that I think about it, since MV has a deploy to web option, I could just keep the rpg_core.js and external libraries and rip out everything else, and make my non-game application with RPG Maker and use all the mouse, save, load and image stuff that's already there. I'll make that Plan B.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I'm with @taarna23 on this one, learning from a book is such an alien concept to me. Best just to poke, prod and break stuff until it works the way I want it... Or at least a close approximation. :kaoswt:

Probably way I'm just as likely to inject code as use MV/MZ's archaic systems. :LZSwink:
Shaz
Shaz
That's what I've been doing for the last 4 years - mainly using the MV codebase as an example, then a few select plugins when I was looking for something really specific. But it's nice to understand why some things are the way they are. I learn better through video tutorials, but I expected internet to be terrible where I was going, and it was.
Shaz
Shaz
Just took a look at Udemy, and it made me remember a couple of good YouTubers I'd started to watch before going away. Have to check them out again.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

how it looks from the top
Hike was successful guys! I made it to the top!
Add Film-like Visual Effects During Test-Play, Deploy Games with Electron | RPG Maker News #69

brain broken as soon as i figure out whats wrong with my game im taking a long nap
Hey guys anyone is interested in playing my game? Just PM me and I'll give you a Steam key! Here's my latest video! ->

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyStarGazing