RPG Maker Forums

taarna23
taarna23
Game backups? Like... backups of projects or copies of games you play? Because if the former, then you're doing revision control a tad wrong. X3
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Oh, I mean backups of my the game I'm making in MZ. I make a backup at the start of every day I work on it. Keep daily backups up to two weeks. Then monthly backups... Which I have all the way back till 3-1-2019. I just forgot to delete dailies and had like two months of them. :kaoswt:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Honestly I almost never play games anymore, I'm way too busy with my business and stuff related to my own game to find the time. Plus honestly, after seeing how cool it is and all that I can do when making my own game... Regular games are just too limited for my tastes these days. I just want to work on game stuff all day every day. :LZSexcite:
estriole
estriole
Somehow i think you encounter "Data Corrupt" in the past... :D... i once encounter that too and now i also make lots of backups because of that...
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Actually the backups are more of a habit from corrupted saves while playing games in the past. I have encountered a couple of corrupt MV saves though, occasionally I even bothered to fix the corruption if I thought that would be faster than backtracking a save.
taarna23
taarna23
I have a tutorial on how to use git... It's relatively easy and that way you only save your changed files, instead of all of them. 'tis rather the point of revision control. :3
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Honestly I keep a lot of backups in lots of locations partially out of paranoia but also because I like to look back at old versions to see my progress. It's kind of an inspiration thing really, one can't know the full road they've traveled if they don't remember traveling it and all that.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

PSA: please stop putting the word 'Eternal' in your game titles.
RMMZ: "Simple enough for a child!"
also RMMZ: "What, you're trying to make an RPG and you didn't know about Euler angles?"
I kinda spent the day having my own little gamejam and came up with this Catastrophe!

GZOq45s.png
Have Defeated Enemy Join Party as Actor, Show Passage Status, & MZ-Chan Art | RPG Maker News #107

My outfit at Metrocon. It was fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zachimera