RPG Maker Forums

zerobeat032
zerobeat032
wow... that says a lot then. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised though
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I mean you can look at the low number of Steam reviews, and the fact the traffic on the MZ board here is far less than the MV board to see it didn't sell well. Also outside of RM spheres I've never seen it advertised nor really even mentioned. In fact RMWeb & Degica tweets typically get less traction than my game tweets. :kaoswt:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
And let me tell you, I consider the amount of traction I get on Twitter a complete failure. It's going to have to be far better than that for me to consider it acceptable. We won't even talk about Instagram, RMWeb and Degica don't even have one. :kaoback: So with next to no advertising, I'm really not surprised nobody talks about MZ.
zerobeat032
zerobeat032
all good points. yeah, the reviews on steam looked really mixed the last time I checked. and I didn't realize the MZ board wasn't getting too much traffic compared to MV. Though I've have realized that a lot of stuff I see here is still MV related.
zerobeat032
zerobeat032
I only use MZ as a means to buff my MV project and that's it. so yeah, no MZ plugins and what not for me. and even on Facebook, most recommend you stay with MV. so yeah, maybe MZ out the gate isn't doing hot.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
There have been a lot of points in what I'm doing now with MZ where I thought to myself, about how the average user would never be able to do this. Just the incredible amount of stuff I've had to do, just to make MZ do what I had on MV. The me that started with MV would have quit making the game if he'd started with MZ.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
A lot of what's holding it back are Effekseer (which is too complicated for their audience), and the lack of the more exotic plugins MV has to offer. Combine that with the general incompatiabiliy of the gigantic VS plugins versus the easily editable tiny Yanfly ones of MV. Which I know the average user flocks to (though I personally use neither).... It's not very enticing to new users.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Personally I use MZ, and I have a great deal of respect for the VS team (I respect what they've done). I like some of the changes it brought to the table.... I just suspect without a huge push by Degica to sell it, it's pretty dead in the water as an engine. Just my two cents, I actually do like MZ overall and am considering started a concerted push to bring all the QPlugins over.
zerobeat032
zerobeat032
I feel if I had money... I'd be ok with MZ. most of the plugins I want tho... cost said money... which I don't have. but to the average hobbyist... MZ is soooo expensive in some ways. and Effekseer isn't easy enough to grasp. for me I can't even use MZ for that alone. my comic style art clashes with particle stuff badly.
zerobeat032
zerobeat032
I like MZ under the hood more though I admit. buuut... I don't think I like enough to port my project over. every time I start to think I should, too many things say not to. especially since I can update Pixi and nwjs on MV and be fine. MZ does have it's points though, but yeah, where's the ad push???
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Screenshot-2021-04-18-at-19-32-48.png

Rest your weary legs in the Dancing Fox Inn!
Love to kick back and gamemak at the end of the day.
yay, i finally got around adding a profile pic! :guffaw:
My imagination works faster than my development process. At least, I can take pleasure in treating it as an adventure. :)

I should probably step away from the sparkles... but they're soooooooo shiny! :kaoswt:

Anyway stuff of note:
New interface.
The puzzle pieces now a build a puzzle in the upper right corner.
The Nihil is represented by the line with skulls. That represents where the map no longer exists at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScribblyGryphon