RPG Maker Forums

Jathan
Jathan
That's an alright game
Nenen
Nenen
@Jathan
Up till now I've only listened to OC remixes of the soundtrack, and heard a lot of people were fans (even from Mangaka) and read articles about how great it was, so I'm excited to be able to try it out for the first time.
Jathan
Jathan
I've only played up until the part where you go into prehistoric times. I played much more of Chrono Cross though. Both games take really interesting approaches to the concepts of time and space. Really cool.
Reactions: Nenen
zerobeat032
zerobeat032
Chrono Trigger is easily in my top 10 games and probably top 5 rpgs... but it's not without some issues. still tho, I'd say its definitely worth a playthrough.
Jathan
Jathan
My favorite would have to be between final fantasy ix and the legend of dragoon (despite it's poor english translation). Star Ocean: TtEoT used to be on that list too until I finally reached the ending but it's a great game nonetheless
ATT_Turan
ATT_Turan
I can't even express being happy for you, still reeling at someone describing Chrono Trigger an an "alright game." But then I see the subsequent posts about preferring Chrono Cross and Legend of Dragoon, so clearly Jathan just prefers tedious combat systems ;) :D
Jathan
Jathan
@ATT_Turan Well if you only focus on how good or bad the combat system is then you aren't really absorbing the full quality of the entire game now are you? I don't focus on the battle system in any game, I focus on every aspect, combat, story, world build, etc, and after all that, graphics, because honestly, graphics have never objectively made a game good but they do help.
Jathan
Jathan
@ATT_Turan Also if you paid attention to my messages you'd also know that I said I never actually beat chrono trigger. I got like 20 minutes in. If you were honest with yourself you'd know that My opinion of that much of the game couldn't possibly reflect the quality of the full game.
ATT_Turan
ATT_Turan
@Jathan That's absolutely true. However, since the single activity that takes the vast majority of your playtime in any of these games is combat, how it works is very important. Especially when, as in both Chrono Cross and Legend of Dragoon, the way in which their combat systems are unique is to make each single attack tediously long.
ATT_Turan
ATT_Turan
@Jathan ...I feel like you don't comprehend the meaning of smilies.
Jathan
Jathan
I never actually cared much for the combat style in chrono cross actually, it seemed unnecessarily complex. As for LoD I have to disagree, true it can be difficult to get the timing down but once you figure it out it becomes pretty fun and easy, though I wish they would have made it possible to use the combos freely. having to equip them one at a time was pretty lame.
Jathan
Jathan
@ATT_Turan I'm not mad or anything, I apologize if you misinterpreted my meaning. I just say things as they are

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Added a plugin to RMMV Plugin Releases with all relevant info but it looks like the topic wasn't approved for whatever reason. Cool.
Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".
Doing RPG Maker News for 16th September 2021

Stream is live! I am currently doing pixel art and will be practicing shading! Feel free to drop by!
wow, Surface Tension is really one MF of an FPS level huh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metric