RPG Maker Forums

ATT_Turan
ATT_Turan
kirbwarrior
kirbwarrior
Part of it is 'gacha' as a system and 'gacha' as a game genre are two different things ala rectangles and squares.
TheGentlemanLoser
TheGentlemanLoser
wow that kinda blew up, logged on to like 20 notifications lol and they were almost all about this Gacha question!

"Again, you are trying to cram things into your own narrow definition."

this message from you is the first thing I saw for w/e reason @ATT_Turan I was very confused at first thinking it was directed at me "uh no I'm not I literally don't know what it is" haha
TheGentlemanLoser
TheGentlemanLoser
so the phonetic similarity between "gacha" and "gotcha" in English is just a coincidence?

@Sword_of_Dusk I basically don't play mobile games so I wasn't surprised I didn't know about any of this/those games. what about the random (physical?) prizes for an actual "gachapon" machine" what are they?
kirbwarrior
kirbwarrior
It is a coincidence but an oddly applicable one.
Sword_of_Dusk
Sword_of_Dusk
@TheGentlemanLoser I don't know what exactly gets put into gachapon machines. I'd imagine they're stuff like little figures or trinkets though.
estriole
estriole
@TheGentlemanLoser

the machine is called Gashapon / Gachapon... it come from Gasha / Gacha ~ sound when you cranck the lever to get the capsule... then pon ~ sound of capsule drop from the machine... Gashapon / Gachapon then called with shortened term Gacha which also later used by japanese to call the random roll in mobile games.
ATT_Turan
ATT_Turan
@TheGentlemanLoser I thought the same thing when I heard the term the first time! Like, gotcha, stupid for spending money on that :p But it's actually onomatopoeia. All sorts of stuff gets put in there, figurines, watches, toys...https://youtu.be/GuY1e19KzAY
Milennin
Milennin
@ATT_Turan The most commonly used application for the term is now considered narrow? You're having to dig deep just to find examples, such as before the term was widely used in gaming. I've been around in gaming forever, including various MMO's, and I've never heard them being referred to as gacha, lol.
Milennin
Milennin
You can go on any videogame board and ask what people think of when they hear the term gacha, and I can guarantee you the vast majority of them will give you an answer along the lines of "free to play mobile games with gambling". Not MMO's.
ATT_Turan
ATT_Turan
I'm not really interested in what random people on any video game board think something means, I'm interested in what it actually means. I was actually playing these games when the term was invented, and you've been given the historical context. You're not right.
Milennin
Milennin
You do realise a lot of words change meaning over time, based on their usage, right? Do you always use the correct historical meaning for every word you use, because that's majorly doubtful, or are you just picking and choosing whichever will fit your argument?
Milennin
Milennin
And yes, you would care what people think what it means when you ask for game recommendations or recommend to other people asking for a game in the genre to play. Or when you actually participate in communities with people that play that genre of games.
estriole
estriole
@ATT_Turan there's also gashapon with female panties :D... maybe even 'used' one >.<...

@Milennin no offence... but term 'gacha' might be well known in mobile games but the term not specific to mobile games... MMO also use it... BUT mobile games and MMO 'borrow' the term 'gatcha' from REAL LIFE gachapon machine... you can read the wiki link above... once again... no offence :D.
ATT_Turan
ATT_Turan
@Milennin I have no idea what your age or background is, but when you are told you're not right about something, and given evidence, and your only response is to argue and make claims about what you think most people think...that doesn't reflect well on you.
ATT_Turan
ATT_Turan
And even within the strict realm of phone games, your definition still isn't right, as I provided you with several examples of mobile game gachas that aren't units and that require payment. So I have no clue why you won't admit there's something you didn't know.
ATT_Turan
ATT_Turan
@estriole I don't know if I could try that! :D
TheGentlemanLoser
TheGentlemanLoser
...man that thing about the used panties is an example of why it's difficult to be an anti-racist because reality itself sometimes seems "racist", like that sounds like it SHOULD be just an ugly lie w/ no basis in reality and yet...

Anyway, if I 'won' someone's soiled underwear at a gambling machine I would very badly want my goddamn money back. Chalk that up to cultural differences.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@TheGentlemanLoser Not into sniffing soiled panties? xD Seriously though, I agree. What a crap prize. Not only is it gross, but you can get your hands on dirty underwear without wasting your money if you know where to look; pretty sure I've seen underwear in alleys and behind buildings in the city centre. lol.
Sword_of_Dusk
Sword_of_Dusk
I once found some discarded underwear on the side of my apartment building when I was in middle school. Ended up setting them on fire.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiear12d