RPG Maker Forums

Beckx
Beckx
krita has this great feature, where you can save your current "picture" (with layers and all) as a template with just a click and can then use it whenever you're creating a new file. I know, this may just save 2-3 clicks, copy/pastes, but it's honestly noticable :D
Beckx
Beckx
apparently you can also create animations with it, but haven't tested that out yet. For that i'm currently at Pencil2d, which is open source too. (For pixelart animations it would be aseprite though)
The Stranger
The Stranger
You're the second person I've heard who has praised Krita. Might have to give it a whirl. I just use GIMP for everything. lol.
Reactions: Beckx
Lornsteyn
Lornsteyn
I have aseprite, but mostly I use paint.net if I have to do some edits.
If I start to do some retro pixel stuff in the future I will use ase, maybe.
Finnuval
Finnuval
Photoshop, illustrator and krita and i must say for freeware Krita is pretty darn good and easy to work with.
Beckx
Beckx
It seriously is! i switched from photoshop to gimp forever ago (couldn't afford it and didn't want to pirate) and gimp is well.. special in it's own way :D I'm more of an traditional artist and fell in love with the brushes of myPaint but there are still some features missing, and then i found krita, and i'm just in love :D

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Having fun in Orlando! We had a lot of fun at the arcade, even though I didn't win any jackpots this time, and then we went to Outback and got a Blooming Onion. Tomorrow we're driving to Fort Myers to see my stepmom.
Now that I have the XP RTP back, I was looking through the files and found Fighter 7, the inspiration for my first sona! She's evolved since then, but it gave me such nostalgia!
Character sprites are difficult to create so I decided to get/buy some. Got the Pixel Champions from Alexdraws. But It had no walking animation :/ But redid the free ones from the Mighty Pack <3 Turned out pretty good imo.Calistra.PNG
Tempted to come up with a unique spell naming system....But ''Fire Magic'' and ''Fire,Fira,Firaga'' are so easily recognizable :p
Yesterday I discovered that I can copy/paste multiple commands by holding shift. I tried this when I started developing holding ctrl and when it didn't work I just copied every single command one by one. For two years.

I am in heaven now.
All right, so lesson learned. No more complicated battle systems for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ItsCloxdy