RPG Maker Forums

Puffer
Puffer
welcome to my world
Finnuval
Finnuval
@Puffer yeah, fun place :p
Seriously tho, I love parallexing but time just goes 'swoosh' and before you know it it's 9:30 am o_O
  • Haha
Reactions: Puffer
slimmmeiske2
slimmmeiske2
Rough! I'm perfectly fine with sticking to Editor maps, even if that can take a long while as well.
Finnuval
Finnuval
@slimmmeiske2 yeah, but then i dont get to put in all those detailing and shading xD and as you say, in editor can take a long time as well so... XD
slimmmeiske2
slimmmeiske2
I mean MZ and XP with their layers allow you to put in a lot of details. ;) I tend to do my big maps in breaks, so not sure how long it generally takes me. Finished an interior map in less than 1 hour yesterday though. (On the other hand my qualifying map for Map Madness took me 6 hours, though that's also because I changed my idea four times :aswt: )
Finnuval
Finnuval
@slimmmeiske2 yeah that's the biggest downside of always parallaxing... Couldnt joint the contest haha. Good Luck btw:D
DaveTheArakin
DaveTheArakin
Relatable as heck :’ )

As the old saying goes, we can’t rush art.
PixeLockeT
PixeLockeT
Mapping is the worst and most time consuming task for making games. It's also why I prefer XP and MZedd because they make mapping much easier for newbs like me. XD Cuts down my game dev time by a lot lot.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Because you're probably getting bogged down creating intricate, highly detailed maps like I do. It's why I sometimes prefer standard editor maps with only minor changes to the tilesets themselves. There really is some truth in that whole constraints breed innovation and creativity thing.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I find the best way to crank out a parallax map or just a map in general is to model it after a real world example. Take that scene I have overlooking the lake... It's basically a fanciful version of Paradise Lake in California. I once got stuck 12 miles out and had to walk along it's shore to get to my car, I had plenty of time to remember it. :LZSwink:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Let's continue making our game in MZ! Touchfuzzy is... still eventing... though this time we may be working on eventing some tutorial stuff for our players!

I work late on the game so I sleep in then I wake up late so I have to work hard to make up for sleeping in meaning I work late again and sleep in again... what a nasty cycle.
I just had my first real fire. Dad made burgers for lunch and the grill caught fire. He tried to get water but I told him you should never put water on a grease fire. So I got him the fire extinguisher under the sink and we managed to put it out. I can still smell a little of the smoke coming from the patio, but at least it's clearing. It sure was scary though.
was rendering a video and window decided to bsod on me :D fun
Could not for the life of me figure out how to implement the dual/triple techs in Touch the Stars in a player-friendly way. Was describing all the problems to my wife and just rubber-ducked a solution that should work brilliantly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RasenNinja