RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen. Bigger games than yours have been stolen and sold on Steam. Guess you could always create a Steam page first, but that means creating expectations and imposing deadlines upon yourself.
KazukiT
KazukiT
Game theft does sound like a legitimate concern. It's something I haven't thought of myself but I should. I just worry whether my game will be appealing for other players. Its appealing to me so at least one person will enjoy. XD
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Oh... I don't really care if they pirate it to play it. I expect that, it's the Internet. But the whole situation kind of locks me into waiting for the Steam page to release a demo. Kind of sucks, but there's not really a choice.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Can't you do what loads of games on Steam do and create a page with a "Realse date: TBA" thingy on it? Seen quite a few of them on there recently. Some are in EA, but there's no actual way to buy into the EA, there's just a TBA message and the ability to wishlist it.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Probably, I haven't looked super far into it. I mean I have a working prototype.... Almost a demo really, but since I didn't have any clue on the completed project I didn't look super far into it. I know I need to setup a business for it, get business bank account, fill out tax stuff and give them money. Just one more thing on the list of stuff to do.... Maybe I can just find a publisher. :popcorn:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here's the combat sprite of Azrael one of the main characters of our game,
with and without weapon.
https://discord.gg/Q2uS6Str
The one thing I've always struggled with is creating a story, it halts every single project I've ever worked on. We must be in the twilight zone because I've actually come up with a plot, from beginning to end (it kinda wrote itself). I may very well be on my way to creating my first proper little game, yay!
Oh, wow!
6VDEms4.png

Still need one or two "placeholder" asset things and then I'm venturing into custom windows + menus!
(I'm a little scared, lol)
In the past hour I've both joined and left the RPG Maker subreddit. So many memories were made. Power to the gam mak!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pichenotte3