RPG Maker Forums

Shaz
Shaz
Today (Monday)
Him: Can we do this other stuff too?
Me: That's a big change, and there are a lot of programs. I'm already struggling to get this ready to test by Wednesday
Him: Don't worry about Wednesday - we can test later. I don't want you to rush
Finnuval
Finnuval
Once again ill say it... We need a facepalm emoji up here!
kaukusaki
kaukusaki
B R U H

i feel your pain. folks like that i want to jump kick in the neck. my usual stock response is usually "you want it done right then it'll take 2 weeks. you want it done fast it'll have errors you'll have to pay me more to fix. which way you want it?"
kaukusaki
kaukusaki
sometimes (rarely) they throw more money to make you work faster and if there's no code snippet to spin, crack open the cookbook and hope for the best :kaoswt2: i'mma pray for you!
Shaz
Shaz
Except I get paid by the company for ALL the work I do, whoever asks for it. So working faster isn't going to get me any more, or cost them any more :) There'll just be more errors :D
kaukusaki
kaukusaki
*sends a case of coffee your way* good luck!
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I don't see any errors, I only see job security. :LZSwink:
Wavelength
Wavelength
That feeling when you realize your higher-ups have no idea how your work actually works. It feels so bad.

I feel for ya; that conversation sounded exceptionally painful. Ultimately you're probably not going to be able to change how this guy thinks, so just make the decision to not let work upset you.
Zeriab
Zeriab
If you are working with someone who are unwilling or unable to do proper planning, then treat them as the risk that they are.

Keep track of your estimated work left on your various task. Feed this information to the planner and use the (typically arbitrary) deadlines as the guiding principle for prioritizing tasks and selecting between options in said tasks.
Zeriab
Zeriab
Do not change your estimates to make it fit with the deadline. Sometimes it is possible to change the contents of the tasks, so their estimates are reduced.

As you work your estimates become more precise. Tasks end up taking shorter time and longer time to complete. When the length deviates enough from the expected let the planner know.
Zeriab
Zeriab
Deadlines may not be met. It is not good if this happens, but neither is it catastrophic.

Overwork decreases the quality of your work. Prolonged stress decreases your health. You are in this for the long haul. Stay healthy, stay sane.
*hugs*
Trihan
Trihan
www.clientsfromhell.net is a site I imagine you could contribute a lot to. Also reading it is strangely cathartic.
Shaz
Shaz
@Zeriab - "(typically arbitrary) deadlines" - you have just summed up almost every project I've worked on for the last 18 months!
Shaz
Shaz
Another person: You have to calculate the exact figure, per month, for the last 2 years, compounding
Me: That'll take a couple of months to do
Them: That's okay - it has to be totally exact - we can't be even a cent out
(a month later)
Them: This is taking too long - we'll just refund everyone affected all the interest they were charged
Shaz
Shaz
@Trihan - bookmarking. Right now I have MasterChef, Have You Been Paying Attention, and NCIS x 3 calling me. I'll go to bed tomorrow.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who here knows of the hidden laws of this multiverse? Such as the law of attraction
Exploding Fruits and Rasaks Pixelfarm Assets | RPG Maker News #108

So ghosts can go through walls and stuff, and depending their type (according to fantasy media) they can or can't interact with objects to a certain degree...

So why they don't always fall through floors? Do they always float and sometimes simulate walking? If things go through them how can they hear/see? And why sometimes they have clothing? Do clothes die as well?
my birthday was yesterday...
i feel closer 2 being able 2 get a discount on the kids menu than i do being able to buy booze1627428008986.png
Getting to play your RM game on Steam Deck? How cool is that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mewoox