RPG Maker Forums

Willibab
Willibab
I use my gf for that, she has a natural talent for finding my flaws xD
ScorchedGround
ScorchedGround
The thing about mapping is,

the better you become at it, the more tedious it gets.
The payoff is however, that your maps atleast don't look like a bunch of squares anymore.
Finnuval
Finnuval
The Stranger
The Stranger
The true horror of RPG Maker has always, will always, be creating battle animations. It went from a tedious chore in the database, to a tedious chore using a confusing 3rd party 3D editor. The more things change, the more they stay the same. xD
Shaz
Shaz
Wha...?? Blasphemy! Bug hunting is an awesome pastime! And such a feeling of satisfaction!

I do agree though that mapping is downright awful.
Cythera
Cythera
Oh, I don't even try animations. Community made animations with minor edits is my pitiful limit.
And Shaz, since you seem to like play testing and bug hunting so much...wanna do my job for me???
  • Love
Reactions: Shaz
cthulhusquid
cthulhusquid
Hey, mapping isn't awful! Like @The Stranger said, battle animations is the true torture. Oh, and making unique skills that are interesting.
ScorchedGround
ScorchedGround
@cthulhusquid

Oh, I'd love to create unique skills all day. But making animations for them is kind of holding me back.
Making them is almost as bad as mapping properly.

I thank the gods though for giving me 2 buttons called "tween" and "batch".

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Exploding Fruits and Rasaks Pixelfarm Assets | RPG Maker News #108

So ghosts can go through walls and stuff, and depending their type (according to fantasy media) they can or can't interact with objects to a certain degree...

So why they don't always fall through floors? Do they always float and sometimes simulate walking? If things go through them how can they hear/see? And why sometimes they have clothing? Do clothes die as well?
my birthday was yesterday...
i feel closer 2 being able 2 get a discount on the kids menu than i do being able to buy booze1627428008986.png
Getting to play your RM game on Steam Deck? How cool is that?
The best among us don't set out to be heroes. They don't want that job. They just set out to do the things nobody else wants to do. Because... someone has to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Switchboy0815