RPG Maker Forums

Trihan
Trihan
Oh hey I have the same problem. People keep giving me money to code things that aren't my project.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Nice! There really is so much more money in doing stuff for other people than for yourself. $_$
Trihan
Trihan
I've just thought of a genius loophole. You pay me to make your game, and I'll pay you to make mine.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Haha, if only it was the destination and not the journey I would so do that. Turns out though, I really just enjoy messing with game stuff. Probably a bit too much. :kaoswt:
Trihan
Trihan
I mean so do I, that's the main reason I do this freelance stuff in the first place.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
That's fair. I don't think I'd enjoy doing freelance programming... I've considered doing art packs or even freelance art for people. But honestly, I don't think I'd enjoy that as much as working on my own stuff. Hard to say really, I ditched that long ago for a much more lucrative career. But I do really enjoy art, so maybe. :LZSexcite:
The Stranger
The Stranger
@ImaginaryVillain Do you think you wouldn't enjoy creating art for others because you'd be forcing yourself to make something they want, not what you want? I know I've had that problem when I've tried writing poetry on behalf of others in the past.
taarna23
taarna23
"Give money"? Nah... that doesn't happen for me in my field of work. I'm pretty sure IT is staffed by Ferengi in disguise... "Feeeeemales? Hisssssss." Bleh.

So I guess I get to sit at home and do whatever catches my attention. Right now it's upscaling graphicses because I feel like some of the stuff we Maker collectors have is too nice to be left behind!
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
@taarna23 Just be like me, I've very much into equality. I hiss at everybody and hide in my cave. :LZSexcite:

@The Stranger Honestly, whenever other people have been directly involved in the things in my life, it has almost never led to anything good, and often had catastrophic results. So now I keep most people at arms length, and work alone.
taarna23
taarna23
@ImaginaryVillain Oh, don't worry. I do this too. My bf and I have been perfectly fine with this pandemic thing. "What's that? Not deal with people at all because they might be idiot plaguebearers? Stay home as much as possible? Darn. How terrible to be forced to do something we enjoy."

Seriously though, I just wish I could get a job to be more contributory to household expenses.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Maybe get into making and selling assets for RM? I mean it doesn't take much to put something up on Itch. I know I have a habit of turning hobbies I'm passionate about into jobs. Maybe try turning something you love into a business? But yeah, going outside is basically the worst. If I still bothered dating, I'd definitely look for a girl who hides inside too. :LZSlol:
taarna23
taarna23
Yeah, I've tried with some hobby stuff. Trying something else new once the needed supplies arrive. I'm not much of one for asset creation, though. I have a few things on itch, and I've started making more that were originally going to be for a project of my own, but my friend kind of fell back out of working on that, so it's coming back to RM and I will keep plugging away at it on my own.
The Stranger
The Stranger
The lockdown restrictions haven't impacted the way I live much at all. If anything, I'm somewhat sad that they're being lifted. No more quiet times. No longer will I be the only one outside when I decide to go for a walk. For me, the lockdown has been nothing short of heaven on earth. xD
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I figure at some point I'll have saved enough to outright buy a house in the countryside. Then I'll just never interact with IRL people again. :LZSexcite:

@taarna23 Well, the secret is really just to keep trying. And well, if you're doing something you already love then it's not really work right? Well okay it is, but at least you won't mind doing it. :LZSwink:
BK-tdm
BK-tdm
Buy a house in the countryside, build a castle, fill it with 3d sparkle effects and buy a cape with sparkles of course, if you expect unwanted visitors sit on your sparkly throne, sip sparkling wine and be sure to ask the tresspasser "what is a man!?" :kaopride:
taarna23
taarna23
@ImaginaryVillain I mean, yeah, but when it's a hobby making things, you eventually end up with a room full of stuff.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@taarna23 Do you have any hobbies such as woodwork, knitting, etc? Those can bring in a decent amount of money these days if you're good at it; people go crazy for handcrafted things. Take commissions online for blankets or Welsh love spoons and you'll be rolling in dough. :p
taarna23
taarna23
I make jewelry, but I have a hard time getting it sold. :\
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
The secret is to put your jewelry in boxes, but don't let them know what they get. Instead charge them a set price for a chance to get fabulous jewelry. :LZSexcite: You are welcome for this completely original idea that has clearly never been used in any kind of industry of any conceivable sort. :kaopride:
  • Haha
Reactions: BK-tdm

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here's Azrael sprite with the fire weapon, hope it came out good.
A13774F4-298B-4F4D-B639-E6921E49FCC2.jpeg
Art test for a victory title screen change
illuminatigirl.png
Illuminati may be just a cover-up for the actual secret society of Illuminaughty. :kaojoy:
Got distracted... again. So now I'm on project.... 5? 6? I can't even remember off the top of my head how many plugins I have in the works. Though I blame the latest two on a coding youtuber I watch occasionally. He codes in C++ but walks through the process well enough that it inspires me to do similar things for JS plugins. So... blame him for my lack of activity. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AppleCider