RPG Maker Forums

Finnuval
Finnuval
Congrats. Sometimes its Nice to indulge xD
Cythera
Cythera
Hehe, indulge...yup, let's go with that.
...Be strong, credit card :yswt: Be strong
The Stranger
The Stranger
I did the same a little while ago. Got myself a fairly good gaming PC. Cost me £900, but it was worth it. Only thing I've needed to upgrade so far has been RAM, and that was neither that expensive nor difficult.
Willibab
Willibab
Bought one for about 25k nok, which i think is roughly 3k usd. No idea about pounds. And i use it to create 16-48 bit games xD

Gz on new rig!
Cythera
Cythera
Um, yah, that's probably what this will be used for too haha!
And of course so I can finally play Ark on decent settings...
I know it's a monster of a PC when it's 'optimization' says play on all Epic settings XD
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Willibab I bought mine mainly to play Warhammer Total War 2 on good settings. I loved every moment of those 200+ hours I spent playing it. xD Plus, a good machine has helped when it comes to rendering 3D models for my VN.
Willibab
Willibab
The most demanding game I play is prolly Total War: Warhammer 2. Pc is 5-6 years old by now but i can prolly still play 98% of all games on max ^^ It was worth investing in a good one.
Willibab
Willibab
I swear i didnt see your comment before commenting xD I see you are vampire of culture :p
Cythera
Cythera
Plus, I just have always wanted one of those cool gaming setups, with a PC that has RGB lighting, the monitors, a good gaming headset...
It's a weird thing that gets me super excited haha!
The keyboard is a $20 mechanical piece of plastic, but the rest of the setup is cool ^-^
Finnuval
Finnuval
Total War: Warhammer 3 is gonna see if your machine still holds up ;)
Willibab
Willibab
I thought I couldn't run it on recommended at first xD Damn predicted stuff.

image_2021-06-14_215618.png
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Finnuval I doubt it'll be that much more intensive. the devs of these games seem to be fairly good at optimisation. I mean, I was able to play Shogun 2 on a laptop that didn't barely met minimum requirements. I didn't have to turn everything to low, either. Both Warhammer games were near impossible for me to play in any enjoyable manner on my old laptop, however.
Cythera
Cythera
Oh yah, in case anyone is curious about the specs:
ASUS ROG Strix
Ryzen7 5800X
Nvidia RTX 3070
16 GB RAM
2 TB HDD/.5 TB SSD
I wanted it to be future proof, so I splurged a little bit and went over my intended specs
Finnuval
Finnuval
Yeah that's true. Well we all have good pc's so we should all be fine anyway xD
Willibab
Willibab
I don't know all that much about specs, researching it was a pain...Its like researching losing weight, i feel like i know less the more i look into it xD Hope i can keep mine for a while longer xD

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Turning a specific vibe into reality is incredibly difficult. For instance, this song is one of the ones I listen to when working on my post apocalyptic project, and getting it's "feeling" into the game has been a real challenge.

I don't just wanna regurgitate the numbers I see, I wanna actually understand the calculations I'm making so I'm probably gonna make a post later with some calculations and what I THINK they mean to get some advice and corrections.

Edit: All (Most) of these will be tested in game prior. I just wanna make sure I understand what's going on under the hood if you will.
my girlfriend calls all my little chibi art cute lol... funny considering that wasn't the original art style of the game.
100 problems in RMMZ 100 more problems take one down pass it around 101 Problems in RMMZ
Made some progress on my game, mostly mapping. Learned quite a bit in the process!.

M6eUoTT.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dracul_JOSHI