Willibab
Willibab
Have Ardor in the list of possibilities actually :p
Willibab
Willibab
Ahh man, now there's too many possibilities xD
The Stranger
The Stranger
Wouldn't it be cool if they had no set names, but were named after a combination of runes or arcane words. Sorta like the dragon shouts in Skyrim, or the eldritch spells in Eternal Darkness.
Willibab
Willibab
I do have several made up languages and that was one of the ideas, it just didnt sound good with the ones i got :p
Ami
Ami
i prefer using the name from its animation,like explosive & flame pillar
Willibab
Willibab
True, what animations you have available is pretty limiting... Its also a real pain to make :p
Willibab
Willibab
ice.PNG

I kind of like this one, based on the word ''Aphelion'' which is apparently the word for when the planet is the furthest away from the sun.... You learn something every day xD
The Stranger
The Stranger
Why is Supreme Aphelos lower down in the chain than Grand Aphelos? When i hear the word supreme, I imagine the best, not the second best. :p
Willibab
Willibab
Just needed something temporarily, think they are synonyms. I dont know what to use yet, or how many ranks i will have. Trying to come up with something that isnt used too much....Maybe Penultimate, or Median...
Willibab
Willibab
Ardor / ??? Ardor / Grand Ardor / Supreme Ardor / Ultimate Ardor. I suppose I dont need the ??? one and just have 4 levels, but it feels weird getting GRAND so early too xD
Finnuval
Finnuval
Strong Ardor
Heavy Ardor
Bright Ardor
Fueled Ardor
Willibab
Willibab
That could work if i was using different ones for every spell, but was thinking of using the same for all :p Could just take HIGH from Dragons Dogma too but....ohh Eminent? Isnt that the same as High...basically :p
Finnuval
Finnuval
Well it was more like Any of those could fill the ? Spot xD
Willibab
Willibab
Ohh it looked like ardor specific ones :p
RachelTheSeeker
RachelTheSeeker
Frizz, Frizzle and Kafrizzle, duhhhhh. Or if an AoE: Sizz, Sizzle, Kasizzle.
RachelTheSeeker
RachelTheSeeker
But seriously there's no harm in just coming up with cool names that aren't Fire, Fira, Firaga. The original DQ translation used stuff like X, XMore, XMost for some. Others used stuff like Bang, Boom, Kaboom; others still used Fireball, Firebane and Firevolt. There's plenty of ideas, so long as the next tier up sounds more powerful.
RachelTheSeeker
RachelTheSeeker
Hard mode: Nonsensical spell names. Phantasy Star used Foi (fire), Zan (wind), Tsu (light), Gra(vity) and Wat (cold). Gi and Na were stronger versions' prefixes. Barring that? Just look up old-school Wizardry spell names!

EDIT: You seem to have clever ice spell names already! I could see Ardor being fiery myself. Bravo~
The Stranger
The Stranger
Frizz, Frizzle and Kafrizzle, duhhhhh. Or if an AoE: Sizz, Sizzle, Kasizzle.

These are some of the most adorable spell names I've even seen! <3

Rachel casts Frizzle! It's super cute! xD
Willibab
Willibab
''Rachel Casts Frizzle'' ''It tickles the target!'' :p
Nerine
Nerine
You can always name everything wilson
Grand WIlson
True Wilson
Wilsocalyspe
Feather Wilson
Wilsonificus

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

BCj
Got another eye surgery monday. Hope I'll recover quick and all's well. A bit tired of surgeries. On a happy note, working on the next chapter of Escalia so hope I can continue soon :)
Celebrating the arrival of autumn in the Northern Hemisphere :)
When doing a map or whatever, kind of wish you could round out some parts.
Glad to announce:
Released a plugin mod for MV: SelectMultipleTargets v3.0 (mod of original by Zevia)

port to MZ is following

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sintigoborja