RPG Maker Forums

Shaz
Shaz
My son was making maps in RMXP when he was about 7. He added simple events for transfers and chests.

My guess is you've overwhelmed yourself with information - too many tutorials and videos. Just start with drawing small maps for starters, then put in some events to transfer between them.

Baby steps :)
Finnuval
Finnuval
My 9yo son also makes some simple things. Its like @Shaz said. Info overload prolly. Keep it basic at first and Just try out some stuff then watch appropriate tutorials as you get the hang of things :)
Shaz
Shaz
And don't think because you're not a child, that you have to be better and faster. I also started out by drawing simple maps and adding simple events. Choose one thing. Do it enough to get your head around it. Now add something else that's different, but related. Rinse and repeat.
Nekochan458
Nekochan458
Thanks for the tips and seriously, -_- 7 and 9 yrs old...?
*sits in the corner of the room* these people are not normal
The Stranger
The Stranger
It does sound like information overload. You've tried to take in so much info, tried to learn something new far too quickly, that you're sorta panicking. It's best to learn one or two small things at a time, and then play around with them repeatedly to get the hang of things.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D
Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zayysnapped