RPG Maker Forums

Finnuval
Finnuval
But feel free to disagree with me because as far as i am concerned we are Both wrong anyway and your truth doesn't interfere with mine so its all good xD
Aslanemperor
Aslanemperor
No, assuming you're wrong doesn't leave the option that you could be right. Assuming you could be wrong assumes your right, but still leaves you open to learning something new in order to prove you wrong. If you and I are standing next to each other looking at the night sky, your perspective doesn't change the fact that it's night.
Aslanemperor
Aslanemperor
The fact that it's not night on the other side of the world doesn't change the fact that here and now it's night.
Finnuval
Finnuval
Assuming you are right doesn't leave the option to learn anything as someone first needs to prove you are not right... You say as much in your opening statement yourself. Assuming you are wrong always leaves the possibility you find out you could be right.
And even if we stand next to eachother it is oy night for us, our truth. Half the world Will have a different truth at the same time.
Aslanemperor
Aslanemperor
Applying your logic to a different tack: We're looking at a truck. The logo and registration both say "Toyota." If you think "That truck is a Toyota" it would be silly to think you must be wrong. However, being open to the fact that you might be wrong may help you if you discover that it's actually a Ford that someone has manipulated to LOOK like a Toyota.
Finnuval
Finnuval
Point is even if It is true for you it isnt An absolute singular truth... it Only is to you xD
Aslanemperor
Aslanemperor
I assume I'm right because I don't decide on something until I have sufficient facts to draw an appropriately logical conclusion. I'm not guessing at things. If I don't have a good reason to think I know something, I simply admit that I don't know. there's nothing wrong with not knowing everything. I find that in spite of my best efforts, there's quite a bit I still don't know.
Aslanemperor
Aslanemperor
Alright, there's where we differ. There are plenty of absolute singular truths in this world. We find those truths through the scientific method. Actually, I dare say there are very few things that don't have a solid truthful state that is not open to interpretation.
Finnuval
Finnuval
I assume im wrong because there is no way to have all the information or perspectives necessary to conclude that.
And i agree nothing wrong with not knowing things Just as there is nothing wrong with being wrong xD
Finnuval
Finnuval
Well we'll agree to disagree then.
Aslanemperor
Aslanemperor
But... being wrong is literally being wrong. It is, by definition, "wrong."
Finnuval
Finnuval
And all the negative that has is interpretation not fact.
Sometimes being wrong is a blessing. If your GP says you're gonna die within a month and hè is wrong... That's a good thing xD
Even if all logic says he should have been right
Aslanemperor
Aslanemperor
He assumes he's right based on the data he's presented, but he's got the possibility of being wrong. Most Doctors(whose name isn't Fauci) aren't afraid to admit that there's a ton we still don't understand about the human body. That doesn't mean that they shouldn't be confident in what they DO know.
Finnuval
Finnuval
Confidence and assuming you are right arent the same thing tho.
That's why most doctors wont say things for sure, they speak in likelyhoods and probabillities not in absolute truths of being right so they assumes they could be wrong instead of assuming they are right xD
Aslanemperor
Aslanemperor
Yes, unless they know for sure. If they run tests and see you have a malignant tumor, they don't say "I think maybe you have Cancer." They say "You have Cancer." In that case, they've done tests and they KNOW they're right.
Aslanemperor
Aslanemperor
btw: this conversation is EXACTLY what the post is talking about. I know I'm right on this. I won't be backing down just because someone SAYS I'm wrong, they have to demonstrate it. I'm not dumb, uneducated, or quick to draw conclusions. I like to be right, so I take steps to ensure I'm not wrong.
Finnuval
Finnuval
And yet they still can be wrong xD

And this convo proves that ppl assuming they are right care about being right to a point they assume that those not agreeing with Them are trying to prove Them wrong. Where as I An simply having An interesting convo xD
Finnuval
Finnuval
But as fun and interesting as this convo had been its time i go do some stuff IRL. Have a good Day and take Care :)
Finnuval
Finnuval
I do invite you to Read this article tho

Not to prove anyone right or wrong but because its a good and interesting Read in lght of you bringing up scientific method :)
Trihan
Trihan
The two of you are clearly smokin' a buncha drugs.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

uglywolf wrote on Khulse's profile.
Hello.
The rules I makes pun about on your last thread is about "Verify Files" before anything else, if the stuff comes from STEAM. Which means, if it could be fixed with just that, there is no need to redownload the whole stuff.
But glad the reinstall worked, hope you enjoy it and your days too.
uh oh, I just tapped into a fresh, deep vein of nightmare fuel right here guys:
51F2AC5E-A605-446E-9439-D77AA6A0B0ED.pngAdded console to my content thread here
Sweet nostalgia. My fave Final Fantasy game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ginssa00