RPG Maker Forums

Finnuval
Finnuval
Depends on what perspective you have : agricultural, botanical, culinairy or culturally... Lot of fruits/vegetables are debatable based on that.
ScorchedGround
ScorchedGround
That's a shocker for sure, but...
I have even more news for you:

Strawberries are neither berries nor fruit. They are technically nuts.
Finnuval
Finnuval
@ScorchedGround ill do you one more : botanically banana trees arent trees but a Herb (and a berry) :p
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
This is hurting my head, man.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
Anyway, have some fruit/berry/nut frogs. fruit frogs.png
Finnuval
Finnuval
Sure those arent Herb frogs tho? :p
The Stranger
The Stranger
Yes, as are tomatoes. Fruits come from the flower of a plant, where as veg comes from the other parts: leaves, roots, stems, etc. Did you know the corn is also a fruit by this classification? :p
Finnuval
Finnuval
@The Stranger yup. And Them we also have to look at do they have a stem or a pseudostem... And a bunch of stuff more that really make it hard to classify some xD

@HexMozart88 hope you know what you started here :p
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
Man, all I wanted to do was draw some frogs.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Lots of things we think of as veg are actually fruit: peppers, pumpkins, cucumbers, sweetcorn, olives, and a bunch of others.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
Well, I always thought of olives as fruit, but dear lord. Wait, cucumbers? Those come from the stem not the flower. Now I'm confused. T_T
Finnuval
Finnuval
Finnuval
Finnuval
Its a fruity vegetable :p
Thank God we dont have the same Troubles classifying ourselves : we are clearly all Nuts xD
The Stranger
The Stranger
@HexMozart88 They come from flowers. Never grown cucumbers, but I have grown that crap that looks like cucumbers (can't remember the name), and remember there being some flowers that started looking funny just below where the flower met its stem, and which eventually turned into a tiny green thing that eventually became too heavy for the plant to support.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I was told that cucumber plants have both male and female flowers on the same plant, and it's the females that become fruits. Don't quote me on that, though. xD No idea what the male ones become. Do they pollinate the female ones? Wouldn't that be inbreeding? Even plants need genetic diversity.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
Yeah, I've grown cucumbers, and the fruit always grows from behind the flower, so I always thought it came from the stem. Also, don't get me started on zucchinis. As far as I'm concerned, they're not real.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I hate that whole family of plants. Just nasty things. Cucumbers are pointless. Nothing but foul smelling and foul tasting water. I was so disappointed when I finally got to try a big, red watermelon, only for it taste like bloody cucumber. I was like "Hmm. Tastes exactly like something I can't stand." xD
The Stranger
The Stranger
Most successful edible plants I've grown have been runner beans, pumpkins, garlic, and onions. The last two are ridiculously easy to grow, and you really only need to protect them from annoying birds to begin with; they love swooping down and pulling baby onions out of the ground for some stupid reason.
ATT_Turan
ATT_Turan
Melons are actually berries.
Willibab
Willibab
I've seen many grown people argue over such things. Personally, i dont care :p Its yummy and i wont die by eating it. Thats all i need to know :p

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My home state baseball team is going back to the World Series for the first time since 1999. I remember when they went in 1995 and won, that was like the best day of my life. (I'm a huge baseball fan and yes I'm talking about the Braves).
FL Studio is a huge step up from LMMS but I'm having such a tough time with it D:<
The new Dune movie reminds me of the game Dune 2 made by Westwood. A quality product on its own, but extremely disloyal to its source of inspiration.
Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBXO