RPG Maker Forums

Finnuval
Finnuval
I just hope they dont eat bunnies.... XD
  • Haha
Reactions: Beckx
Beckx
Beckx
ah shoot... i forgot to look up bird beaks and what they're for (eating-wise)... so, they're supposed to be herbivores, but by beak design they'd fall into scavenging / raptorial... ugh...
Finnuval
Finnuval
Well if they scavenge they'll only eat dead bunnies so those two are safe i guess :p
overlordmikey
overlordmikey
Don't be so sure @Finnuval - you see scavengers sometimes DO hunt and smaller prey is usually what they go after so - BOOM bunnies on the menu!
Finnuval
Finnuval
@overlordmikey i know lol xD
@Beckx dont Worry tho that Hair in front of their eyes prevents Them from seeing Them bunnies xD
  • Haha
Beckx
Beckx
you joke, but this kinda screws up everything i had planned for them xD
I don't want to change the beak, but i'm already stretching the rule of cool on soo many other things (it looks like fantasy, but it's supposed to be more soft sci fi)
Beckx
Beckx
i guess, they would've gone extinct if people hadn't started to keep them for their wool or something, lol...
but ugh... all of their planned behaviour is supposed to be herbivore + prey. Not hunter (even if just a little);_;
Finnuval
Finnuval
Dont sweat it. Only real nerds and weirdos are even going to notice and we dont mind xD
If you really want the Lore to stick tho you can add that they used to be carnivores but as part of their domestication they were Bred to be herbivores over generations.
Beckx
Beckx
NO! better idea! i'm just gonna create a fruit or something which is their main food source that somehow has the same consistency as dead animals and BOOM problem solved :guffaw:
Finnuval
Finnuval
The wild ones being like mustang horses. Escaped domesticated animals hence still herbivores patching that hole aswell xD
Beckx
Beckx
lol, you were faster, the better idea was supposed to go towards my post lol
Finnuval
Finnuval
Meatball tree xD
  • Love
Finnuval
Finnuval
In the end tho its your game, your world, your rules... If you want it to work you can xD
Beckx
Beckx
yes, yes, i know, but i'm a weird nerd too, and i do care, lol :D and like i said, i'm seriously stretching the rule of cool :D
but i really like your idea with domestication: their blindness could be a bred feature, too, to make them easier to handle. Like they could potentially be omnivores, but are kinda forced to a herbivore diet
Finnuval
Finnuval
Lol Cool is overrated but i do get it haha
But yeah domestication and breeding results seems to be the best fitting solution for your problem i'd say. XD
Finnuval
Finnuval
That said i think the design has some 'coolness points' left to stretch ;)
Beckx
Beckx
you know, i've thought about it some more and the breeding stuff actually plays really good into what i had in mind story-wise. because of course there's going to be some "corruption" that turns creatures wild/evil, and it could "unlock" the surpressed genes, so you'd be basically fighting "prehistoric" alpacaraptors :guffaw:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Mystery messages from my AI assistant. :kaojoy:
1632842960834.png
Made some updates to a previous project I was working on. Trying to mimic the 16 bit Squaresoft aesthetic.

Me (last Thursday): So, now I will...
Random Virus: NO
It's important to equip your GF.
vufFBXN.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bopfog