RPG Maker Forums

ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
They are very unlikely to try your game, watch you Youtube video, or click a link.

Also your hashtags have be relevant to what you're doing. That will put you in front of eyes of people who at least care about the tag. Be warned you have 5-15 seconds to catch their attention as they scroll by. They won't read what your post, they'll stop at an image and if that interests them then they'll read your post...
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
But if you get a 1 in 1000 clickthrough ratio, I'll be surprised.

"Social media" is also ironically not social at all. On Twitter they consider it bad if you receive more comments than likes. And Instagram is just an advertisement for OnlyFans people are just there to look at "pictures". So I'll get stacks of likes, but almost no replies...
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
If you want feed back on your game, your best bet is to have incriminating evidence on another dev convince people to exchange game testing. If you want replies on "social media" work for China say something controversial. Sure everybody will hate you, but somehow the "journalists" manage to keep their jobs so the hate must not be all bad. :LZSwink:
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
When's the last date to vote?
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Oh... there's still another month left to vote. I'm already out though, Drifty said it wasn't a good game and since he's one of the judges, pretty certain that means I'm out. In his defense, it's got a lot of bugs so he's not wrong. It's probably a passable game without the bugs though, so I've been fixing it. But I haven't updated it yet due to having to wait out the Jam.
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
Wait, you don't know that for sure. You may not be out yet. There are other judges, right? I haven't been exposed to the harsh reality of the world of game development yet XD I only did one jam and it wasn't a competition so I didn't get judged XD Well, you learnt a lot from this, didn't you? Time to put that to good use and make some awesome games ^^
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Nah, I will never improve if people don't tell me what's wrong. I appreciate his honesty. Just getting people to test is very difficult, so any feedback is quite welcome. Weirdly enough though, it wasn't what he said that interested me, I agree with all that he did say and my next version reflects changes to all of that. Nah what he didn't say was fascinating...
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
He mentioned nothing of slowdown, lag or flickering. This means my bubble memory manager was a success. As the game's 1920x1080, 200x200 maps with 30 frames of animation for each direction Poppet runs, this is an overwhelming success for the plugin. :LZSexcite:
Hyouryuu-Na
Hyouryuu-Na
Why do I always end up editing my comments the moment someone replies XD Anyways, that's good. I'm curious. Did he review it on his youtube channel?
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
Nah I just checked his channel, no video. Also he responded saying I'm not necessarily out of the game jam. In a way I'm kind of sad about that, I wanted to update the game. :kaocry:
Trust
Trust
To be honest it's not much followers that I'd like to have (although I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish followers), but it's more the comments what I want, they help me see what's good and bad, like for example most of my posts had a bunch of comments, and they helped me improve a lot, but my last 2 posts, I did have likes ye, but not even a comment and makes it harder to me knowing what’s good and what to improve.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
A lot of it is social connections really, talk to people here. People are infinitely more likely to respond to what you put up if they know you. So talk to them, comment on their stuff, become liked and you'll see a lot of people will take an interest when they otherwise wouldn't. Forums like this are better, you can pretty much ignore Twitter or Insta. Youtube netted me a surprising number of comments as well.
Trust
Trust
Well I don't have twitter or insta anyway tho I'll try to follow your advice :)
Trust
Trust
one question tho, who should I talk to? :eswt:
Trust
Trust
I mean I don't really know anyone here.:eswt::eswt:
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I often reply to a lot of the Profile Posts. Usually just encouraging people, or even a simple like. Often times I'm the only person who will even respond to some people. Over time it creates a positive impression of me to those people and they are much more likely to converse with me. After which hopefully my personality is enough to keep them talking. If not, oh well, there's always other people.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
You'll find most people are just like you and happy to get any sort of reaction to their stuff at all. So it will lead to a lot of good chats. Periodically you encounter an unhinged person, who will actually be offended at your attempts to be friendly. Just leave and move onto the next one, and either block or remember to avoid them next time.
ImaginaryVillain
ImaginaryVillain
I've really only encountered a few really bad people here, most of them though are great people. The same is true for most of the Internet really or just life in general. So don't let it stop you from chatting with pretty much everybody. :LZSexcite:
Trust
Trust
I see, I'll try to do that.
Trust
Trust
Thanks for all the help:smile:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Day 2 of my redesign journey, as a follow up from the previous post :kaothx:
pXiRJSm.jpg

This is Cedric's son, Apollo!
New pet peeve: Telling tech support personnel what something is doing, only for them to tell me (in excessively condescending tones) what it should be doing. Yes, I know what it should be doing, and if it was doing that, I wouldn’t be talking to you and your attitude problem about it right now, would I? >.<
uglywolf wrote on Khulse's profile.
Hello.
The rules I makes pun about on your last thread is about "Verify Files" before anything else, if the stuff comes from STEAM. Which means, if it could be fixed with just that, there is no need to redownload the whole stuff.
But glad the reinstall worked, hope you enjoy it and your days too.
uh oh, I just tapped into a fresh, deep vein of nightmare fuel right here guys:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkPurplePrince