RPG Maker Forums

overlordmikey
overlordmikey
(sad voice) I liked the draw system. :(
The Stranger
The Stranger
Yeah, not everything that makes a game challenging is fun or even rewarding. Sometimes it's just irritating. You could play a game while rubbing shampoo in your eyes. It'd certainly make playing any game much more challenging, but it wouldn't be rewarding or fun. xD
The Stranger
The Stranger
Btw, didn't FF8 also have that annoying mechanic that punished you for levelling up? It made enemies, including bosses, much more difficult the higher your level became. FF7 also had this with the last boss, I think.
overlordmikey
overlordmikey
@The Stranger I wouldn't say every enemy got super hard - some did - but all enemies did level with you. (The game was also painfully easy to break since few enemies were immune to being turned to stone so you could just junction that to yer weapon and make short work of most normal enemies). I really did like FFVIII - it's probably my favorite mainline Final Fantasy game.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@overlordmikey I really enjoyed it as a kid. it was the first FF game I ever played. Started off with a demo of it from some gaming magazine that probably no longer exists, and just replayed the ball and garden boss again and again till my mum could afford to buy me the full game. Ended up using some cheat CD to complete the game. Don't think I've ever completed it legit.
FirestormNeos
FirestormNeos
Shikamon
Shikamon
kinda prefer something like dark souls system, sure its difficult but it make me try and try until I can overcome challenge. Big plus integration game system with the lore/story that make its so immersive. never feel such immersion on some FF game.
Trihan
Trihan
FF8 becomes utterly, utterly trivial if you spend a good while during the first attack with Seifer killing Squall and Zell, levelling Seifer up to 99 and drawing all the high-level magic from the enemies there, then junctioning it to your other characters at low levels afterwards.
overlordmikey
overlordmikey
@Trihan I wish that was the only way to break the game - I feel like you have to actively try NOT to break FF8.
Trihan
Trihan
True, that's just the earliest point at which you can. :)

9 had way better balance.

Actually just thinking about 9 makes me really want to play it...
Willibab
Willibab
Despite 9's popularity, i still think its underrated xD

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Uugh, got a passive aggressive complaint at work and now I'm not sure how to respond...
I really wish I could find work with a similar schedule to my gf(10-5 or 11-6)
I need some moneys >.>
I didn't realize that Deers can grow so big... I almost hit one while going home from work - phew... approx 10cm separated us from accident... (tomorrow link to video from my dashcam). I'm too shocked to think straight.
Just watched a very good drama. It left this very heavy sadness inside me T.T

As a game dev, there's always this other feeling I have after, for example, watching a sad drama: "Understanding +1!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuri18