RPG Maker Forums

gstv87
gstv87
there have been platformers in development over the years.
I don't know if any have been finished, tho.
Reactions: Nenen
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
"It is RPG Maker, let's make a shooting game in it"
Razelle
Razelle
What about a walking simulator with RPG?

There's been a few SRPGs and ARPGs over the years, but there's better engines that are just as easy to use (same devs) that are much less popular, but better for making action or shump games.
Kyuukon
Kyuukon
The type of games you just described are the strong point of RPG Maker imo. If you were planning out other kind of game, you probably should use some other engine, no?
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
> What about a walking simulator with RPG?

What immediately came to my mind was about, a walking simulator game but you're walking with an RPG
Kuro DCupu
Kuro DCupu
Back in my days, about a decade ago, in the era of XP and VX, I remember people making a bullet hell (danmaku), side-scroll, fighting, etc by removing / bypassing the game core just for the heck fun of it.
I believe @TheoAllen up here is making shooter once.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
It never finished.
Ashouse
Ashouse
Hey there young whipper snapper... LOL

Will blow your sox off!
Ami
Ami
business simulation RPG,i made it just for myself,not sure if i give it to you
slimmmeiske2
slimmmeiske2
Reactions: Puffer
slimmmeiske2
slimmmeiske2
There's probably more, as I didn't play all entries, but these are the ones I remembered.
TheGentlemanLoser
TheGentlemanLoser
"walking simulator" "with puzzles" is a very weird term to use in this context because it "walking simulator" makes me think of FPP games, not top down games, and so I think the term you're looking for here is "adventure game"?

@slimmmeiske2 scratching the surface for you here on the many, many RM games that aren't JRPGs or adventure games.
TheGentlemanLoser
TheGentlemanLoser
there are many ARPGs made with RM (I started one this year myself, Retroshock/Quarantined). unrelated to that, something like 13 years ago Anaryu released a game (don't recall the name)that was a mashup of side-scroller/bullet hell shmup and JRPG that was completely unique, I'd never seen anything quite like it before or sense.
TheGentlemanLoser
TheGentlemanLoser
lastly IIRC @Tw0Face made and released some RTS/turn based strategy/base building games, nothing that really set the world on fire but yet another example of diversity available with the engine.
slimmmeiske2
slimmmeiske2
@TheGentlemanLoser Yes, obviously there's much much more outside of that jam. But these came to mind first, since I just played them all a few days ago.
slimmmeiske2
slimmmeiske2
Some other examples:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png
My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_single_firefly