RPG Maker Forums

KazukiT
KazukiT
I feel that way when I was making the DLC for my first game. The eventing so just so messy, although I was still learning. I used tons of switches for the story. However, now I use a single variable to progress the story. This works as long as it's not a branching path.
zzmmorgan
zzmmorgan
Honestly the system doesn't seem to lend itself to good management of assets or the database. That's probably one of the weaker areas of it. It's a great way to speed through an idea but the tradeoff is things do start getting messy with changes. I'm thinking the best way is to start a new blank project and build a new database and make sure you only copy over assets you're actually using before doing a build.....
Quexp
Quexp
It took me a long time figuring how I wanted to organize my assets.
ATT_Turan
ATT_Turan
I made the mistake when I was first starting my game of dumping all the music/image DLC I got straight into it. Now I need to painstakingly prune it out :eek:
KazukiT
KazukiT
@zzmmorgan I think in the next RPG Maker they should really add an options to make folders for skills and items so you put specific database items in it. E.g. you can make a folder for key items and one for consumables and so on.
zerobeat032
zerobeat032
yeah organizing things with Rpg Maker can be a NIGHTMARE sometimes. I think I finally have "somewhat" of a handle on how I wanna do it for my project. but yeah, it can get out of hand so quickly. I've erased and re-arranged so much.
KazukiT
KazukiT
I just add a blank item or skill that acts as a divider if the item/skill is categorized differently. E.g. I add ================Key Items===================
to visually separate the items/skills in question. I learned this method will skimming through a plugin's demo file.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v
Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cxsr