RPG Maker Forums

Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Hey, alright! It wasn't me getting into a fight this time! Awesome!
bgillisp
bgillisp
I swear the forum needs a everyone go outside for 24 hours button.
BeanCanDev
BeanCanDev
I haven't seen any example of this behavior, but you sure as heck won't be seeing it from me. I'm just a can of beans trying to make a game, I don't want to cause trouble.
Reactions: Shaz
AeroPergold
AeroPergold
Honestly, I could do with a daily forum tip. This seems helpful and I wish we had more of these tidbits.
Reactions: Nenen
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
I just knew this was going to lead to a ban. He's got no restraint. Though I'm fully expecting this guy to show up on Central or Net with a sob story. They always do.
Sharm
Sharm
Most of my tips would be something along the lines of "follow the rules" and "the mods want to be helpful, if you think they're being mean you're projecting".
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
A big tip is, "If a mod breaks character and starts getting personal with you... you're too far off the rails. Abort!"
Arctica
Arctica
I guess the "I want help doing illegal stuff" and "I want help with finding someone to make my game for me" and "I want help with the thing I'm really asking for but hiding it behind something else" guy finally got what was coming.
LunarFlareStudios
LunarFlareStudios
Honestly, who argues with moderators? That's just stupid, they're here to make sure you're following the rules. If you're not following the rules, it's not their fault.
Mr. Detective
Mr. Detective
@bgillisp Instruction unclear. Went outside for a bit. Got Corona.
Now I'm drunk.
Sharm
Sharm
Oh, you would be surprised how often arguing with moderators happens. :LZSbleh: A lot of times it devolves into comparing mods to some sort of evil political movement because there are any rules at all.
LunarFlareStudios
LunarFlareStudios
@Sharm People shouldn't be able to do whatever they want with no limitations at all. That would result in a toxic, unruly environment. Trust me, I know by experience.
Reactions: Nenen
Shaz
Shaz
It's more that this particular member would ask for help, ignore responses, ignore requests for more information and screenshots, and insulted people who offered to help. And it continued through multiple threads, and whenever a moderator stepped in they also got attacked. The crowning glory was their response when an admin told them to cool off a bit and they attacked them as well.
Shaz
Shaz
The kind of thing that's painful while it's happening, but one day we'll look back and laugh it off.
Quexp
Quexp
I first thought that user is just a child but his/her rude replies are pretty descriptive (unlike attempts at RPGM questions). Assuming the individual refuses to settle down upon return, at least we won't have to see his/her miserable posts for long.

All the better if my assumption is wrong and the person cleans up his/her act though!
AssumedPseudonym
AssumedPseudonym
 Being a moderator isn’t something you do for fun, it’s something you do because it needs done. It’s often a thankless job, and you can take a lot of flak from people who think you’re a petty tyrant — no matter how many chances you’ve given them before hitting the proverbial Big Red Button™. (And yes, I speak from experience on another (much smaller) game forum.) Keep up the good work, my dude.
Shaz
Shaz
@Quexp - they created duplicate accounts to get around the suspension. They are banned, and won't be coming back.
ATT_Turan
ATT_Turan
@Quexp It is actually amazing, the complete transformation in language when the haranguing of mods and insulting of rules started.
palinskyjoe
palinskyjoe
I hate when people are rude for no reason, especially to those helping them, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I grabbed a bowl of popcorn to read through some of the intense exchanges that have taken place on these boards over the years. Whew! Mods have patience to spare with some of these folks!
Sharm
Sharm
When I was a mod I'd always step away for a minute when the poster ticked me off so I could reply calmly. I mean, it didn't always work, I'm human, but it helped a ton.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The new Dune movie reminds me of the game Dune 2 made by Westwood. A quality product on its own, but extremely disloyal to its source of inspiration.
Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png
My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haniel_Sword