RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
Pretty much. You care about her because she's a cute little girl. It's probably also why a fair number of people lost interest in her as she grew older in later games.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
That's probably why I've never liked her. Could always tell that the only reason she existed was basically to emotionally manipulate me as a player. I've never enjoyed that sort of writing. It has always made me hate whatever show/movie/book it has been in.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Gotta admit, I enjoyed it. I knew why she existed, but I enjoyed playing daddy all the same. lol. She could've been replaced with a dog and folk would've pretty much felt the same way. I didn't like her in future games because she was no longer that sweet little girl; she was now someone I disliked and didn't recognise. The appeal to my paternal instincts had died. xD
Reactions: Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Stark contrast to my playing that game... I kept trying to get her killed at every opportunity and I kept trying to teach her the worst things I could.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:
Me, designing it a long time ago: Having an optional boss fight as a random chance to trigger when you fish in a certain spot with a certain type of bait is fun! Cool idea!
Me, trying to playtest everything again: oh god just let me see the boss, my bag is so full of fish!
both love and pain have no boundaries

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
universalwonder