RPG Maker Forums

BK-tdm
BK-tdm
it could also apply to foreing language songs, we live in a globalized times where korean, chinese and many other foreign language songs can get catchy or popular to non native speakers, and youtube subs cant be trusted too much...
Reactions: Tai_MT
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
I don't listen to lyrics. I listen to the melody. I would turn the human vocal lyrics into instruments if I have to (and If I can). Like ...
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
@TheoAllen I dunno, I can't usually get into pure instrumental. It loses something most of the time. It tends to be "divorced from context" when listened to on its own. It loses any meaning. It's just random notes that sound decent without the context of personal experiences or lyrics to provide the context. Doesn't do anything for me without that context.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
It is alright. I'm more a scientist myself rather than immersed in art. I can make a sad-sounding melody when I'm not even sad (because there is a trick to it). I personally don't need context. Knowing how melody works and all somehow become so harmonious (sometimes by breaking the music theory I know) is already amazing on its own.
HankB
HankB
@TheoAllen I get where you're coming from, I think. I'm very into lyrics, but sometimes I just want the music, with no "instruction" on how to interpret it. In those cases, people like Mozart or Shubert are your friends. But I'm guessing you already have your own list of friends, haha.

I wonder when was the last time a purely instrumental song was in the top 40. I bet it's been a while.
lianderson
lianderson
Some are addicted to the therapy of shallow expression.
Finnuval
Finnuval
To play advocate to the devil here... let's not overlook the fact that the lyrics aren't always ment to be taken literal or are representative of something else (hotel California, Lucy in the sky with diamonds, etc) which for ppl that speak a different language might get confusing to what the song is actually about xD
HankB
HankB
@Finnuval "hotel California, Lucy in the sky with diamonds"

Wait, wait, I know this one... Satan and acid!
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
@HankB yeah. I mean, if music makes you want to bang your head even without lyrics, nothing wrong with that. I also actually started to listen to foreign songs (japan, or just gibberish) or instrumentals many years ago because I don't want to care about the lyrics. It's just sad when the music is an absolute banger but the lyrics are cringe.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Now, I do not absolutely hate lyrics. It's just bands and musicians in my place wasn't that creative to craft lyrics. It's just the same old, same theme, same message, nothing new, nothing poetic. So, I started losing interest in the lyrics. Nowadays tho, it seems to have improved as the younger generation takes over.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Today the 2nd part of the RPGMakergame "A Thief's voyage" came out.

Go show DutchPowerCreations some love.
love it when you forget to put a certain thing in the movement route and suddenly a character starts spinning at 10000 rpm
I'm sorry. I have a bad feeling I've been manic the past couple of days. Antidepressants have only been making things worse somehow -- too drowsy to function, followed by insomnia. Why not making me go crazy to boot?
Cosmetix.gif

Hey man, why don't you do some progress on your game? Oh, because you'd rather wake up at 5am and spend the night making a cosmetics system for your side view battlers? Ok.
spillycup wrote on Finnuval's profile.
i love u so much! i’m so happy you’re in my life right now :kaocry:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nextosam