RPG Maker Forums

Finnuval
Finnuval
I like the colors and the water looks good too
superkoopa
superkoopa
@Finnuval I think if it has one redeeming quality then that is the colour pallette lol I'm trying to find a consistent style!
Finnuval
Finnuval
Well I think this is a pretty nice style, only thing is the land borders are a bit janky but I like the colors, the water and the sprites so.
Besides don't get too hung up on 'the perfect style'... Usually what happens naturally is what turns out to fit best ;)
l8rose
l8rose
Kind of reminds me of a very stylized FF3/6 map. Very cool.
superkoopa
superkoopa
@Finnuval great advice, this style came naturally after trying in vain chasing other trends/styles. This is lterally my first attempt at using this style so hopefully I can build upon it!

@l8rose I'm glad it gave that impression. Whenever I set out to do mapping or anything like that, it seems Final Fantasy 3/6 is always at the forefront of my mind

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Been playing through Skies of Arcadia again, and it really makes me wanna see someone try to implement how ship battles were done in the game into RPG Maker (or really just in general).
split.png
split view of both versions of the pocket city you traverse through. there's differences like areas only being accessible in one version of Autumn Bay. or events that only happen in one or the other.
theortically if there were a developer who spied on people's game playthroughs and changed things in real time to make it harder for them, what might be said game developer's motivation?
Hi everyone! Enjoying this nice long weekend. How are you all doing? :)
I just successfully tested having events check if specific actors are in a particular party slot and then changing image to match. This will let me make scenes take into account who is in the party at the time and arrange them accordingly - this is important since I'll have extra actors beyond current party. The script used is the same from MV and is compatible with my current core plugin setup in MZ. Thank goodness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ralzek