RPG Maker Forums

cthulhusquid
cthulhusquid
I always struggle with making skills, and I don't know why. Maybe because my background is western rpgs? Who knows...
Johnny_Ray
Johnny_Ray
why do you need so many skills? or should i ask how many skills do you have per actor/class.
MarxMayhem
MarxMayhem
@cthulhusquid To me, "skills" in the context of RPG Maker are things a battler can do that's different from "I swing/fire my weapon" (Attack) or "I brace for impact" (Guard). Anything that is noticably different from that can be considered a skill to me.
MarxMayhem
MarxMayhem
@Johnny_Ray I am working with a class system that has equippable skills. A battler only has a finite number of slots for them, so I'm making players choose how to build their lineup.

P.S. Most of the skills I have are in the vein of "Fire, Fira, Firaga, etc". Without those, my number of skills right now would be cut in half. lol
Johnny_Ray
Johnny_Ray
doesn't sound efficient but it's your choice i guess.
MarxMayhem
MarxMayhem
I'll admit that it's sounds worse on paper, but the execution will be better. If anything, I can still cut back later if it does become bloated.
cthulhusquid
cthulhusquid
Is each skill unique, or are they simply better versions/combined versions of each other?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Even if you made 1% progress today in your making-game, that's 100% success!
This is Ralph from VX!
index.php

Always be consistent with your project.
Making backups regularly is good for the soul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeisak1