RPG Maker Forums

BenSD
BenSD
The name given to forms of art made by strange isolated individuals. More seriously, it's short for 'independent,' so I would say something something made solo or as a small group without the backing of a larger entity.
Indinera
Indinera
When you are the one and only decider of what you make.
ericv00
ericv00
Not financed by some sort of investing entity fronting the money for a share of the profits or ownership of the IPs. The money to make the project is either from the craftsmen themselves or crowd-funded (funded by the eventual consumers of the project).
Reactions: Nenen
RivalRamen_Games
RivalRamen_Games
When you make something either alone or with the help of not-so-big-in-pop-culture friends, without the help of a corporate superpower.
ATT_Turan
ATT_Turan
Indie means not made in concert with an established publisher. @Indinera - what about all of the team and group projects, on these forums and elsewhere? Many (if not most) recognized indie games/media are not made exclusively by one person.
Indinera
Indinera
I didn't say "maker" I said "decider".
To me indie means independence and true independence is when you take all the decisions.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can hopefully move onto doing visual effects and sound design now. :kaophew:

The latest RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue starts now! Let's jump into Kamigami: Clash of the Gods!

Title Screen 100% Finished
Evangeline.png
I'm starting to enjoy doing pixel art! Not to mention it's getting easier to do commissions :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrMomake