Tea_DG
A, a...asking for a friend
alice_gristle
alice_gristle
Gonna be cheap here and say: you can... if ya good enough! :kaopride:
Reactions: Tea_DG
Tea_DG
Tea_DG
What do you think of these two styles? They're so different now... They used to at least resemble each other, but I've changed the battle ui so much now.
1655541481239.png1655541447067.png
alice_gristle
alice_gristle
I don't think they too bad? I mean, both look lovely and I probs wudn't think twice while playin'! :kaoluv:But I'm not too picky as a player 'cept when I am :biggrin: If you want, you cud try and add some gold and teal to the design on the right, see how that turns out?
Tea_DG
Tea_DG
I think I'll have to do something to tie them together. I don't want the battle ui as my menu style, and I don't want the menu to be the battle ui style. Why is it so hard?! :LZSlol:
alice_gristle
alice_gristle
I feel for ya! :kaocry:A similar palette can go a long way tho, so I'd at least try that!
Kes
Kes
I'd have no problems with the battle UI being very different from everything else. But I think that the "everything else" should be the same, not different in different menu screens - which I've seen done and it was horrible. But as has been said, there does need to be some unifying aspect. I'd first try making the menu list and actor info teal and see how that works.
Johnny_Ray
Johnny_Ray
i don't see a problem with UI style mixing as long as the style still feels connected to the game in some way, be it color, texture, etc.
Johnny_Ray
Johnny_Ray
Also since you posted an image what i can add is that the menu's background is the thing throwing the balance off, maybe green-bluish color from the combat UI could be good.
Starbird_Resources
Starbird_Resources
this may just be slightly off topic but i've always wanted a plugin that would allow for different UIs to display based on which char you had leading your party.

btw the the two UI styles in your screenshot look like they complement each other pretty well, imo
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
I should hope so because I've done it, LOL.
Tea_DG
Tea_DG
Thank you guys for all the suggestions! I took your feedback and tried to tie them all together with some elements. (The victory screen is still early WIP)
1655588032447.png
alice_gristle
alice_gristle
Looks great to me! :wub

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Okay... I'm injured and stuck in bed with a bad knee. And I'm only 24! I shouldn't be limping this badly, but my leg refuses to fully straighten and it hurts if I try to push it.
At least I have my games to work on.
RianQuenlin wrote on Iron_Brew's profile.
To elaborate on "safety" since bgillisp locked the thread, some lunatics will take reports personally and decide to harass people who file reports or otherwise complain about them. Me, I don't care but others seeing that might nope right out of discussion. Being a former mod back in the mid-2000s for some gaming forums in by BYOND days I can tell you some people go crazy.
Excitement: I've spent the last week making a little update package for VE Fog & Overlay, and finally got it working in my test environment!

Dread: Sigma fullscreen and Zeus's map effects are screaming at me when I add them into the mix.
ScreenShot_8_7_2022_0_23_50.png
Unleash the hype beam...
hjyI4gQ.png

Made an attachment for the HUD that I can control the visibility of with switches. This tracks the current amount of items needed to finish a quest. Once you meet the requisite, it turns into "complete" because I figured it would be a good way to tell the player they're done. Also it stops numbers from going off of the UI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Introvertebrate