RPG Maker Forums

light487
light487
Fair enough.. when magic misses, does it say "Missed"? or does it say "Your spell fizzled"? I wonder if changing the text to "fizzled" or "failed" would make any difference...
Espon
Espon
Why can't magic miss? If I shoot a fireball at an enemy and my aim is off causing it to go clear over its head then I missed.

On the original topic though, I think reflection might be more annoying since now you gotta worry about if your spell will blow up in your face.
light487
light487
Indeed.. that's what you get for complaining about misses :p
Archeia
Archeia
That's the point yes 8D
Ratty524
Ratty524
Haven't touched your game yet, but magic missing is so ew. I can tolerate basic attacks missing because they have no cost, but skills in rpgs typically do. If your skill misses for a reason that is essentially based on luck, you just blew away MP that you need for other tactics and it would create frustration. But again, I have yet to play your game.
Archeia
Archeia
Persona and SMT had magic missing actually! It never bothered me :D
Ocedic
Ocedic
Though on one hand I don't think you should compromise core vision for what others think, when it's a minute detail involving whether something is annoying/frustrating to the player, if there's multiple complaints then it's usually one that should be addressed. Missing special abilities isn't fun, and you could simply change balance in other areas by making them not miss. This is just a suggestion; I don't want to give the impression of telling you how to make your game.
Hesufo
Hesufo
I really dislike RNG that works against the player.

I've been reluctant to keep a non-100% hit rate on even basic attacks... Magic missing, let alone, magic reflecting by default, is a no-no in my books, unless the enemy is magic-attuned or something the like (and the player will be informed).
Archeia
Archeia
This status feed was mostly joking, I'm not going to add reflect for no reason D:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

And my first batch of gobbo battlers is up *yay* (images should show now as they first didnt - Just my luck lol)
I've released the game I've been working on for the past 7 years, and wrote a postmortem detailing the struggles of developing a game alone. Check it out! https://meiri.itch.io/apple-pie/devlog/160774/apple-pie-a-postmortem
Petty boss is working today. Hope he realizes today that messing with me is gonna ruin his day like yesterday. I can operate very comfortably on the fringes of policy XD
I know it's such a small thing, but I love when games let you interact with everything. Like pressing A on some papers on the floor pops up dialogue, etc.
Felt like drawing an old character of mine (from one of my many incomplete games).
Her name is Harold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
puzzlepinger