RPG Maker Forums

deilin
deilin
So what do these programs like kickstart and such get from you since you're getting people's money?
Blodeuyn
Blodeuyn
They generally get a portion of the money.
Zalerinian
Zalerinian
Wow, sounds like you had a very successful campaign. Link?
Lorenze
Lorenze
Congrats!
endgametech
endgametech
Robin
Robin
If you needed $3000 - 4% to complete the game, how are you going to complete it using $1185 - 9%?

I'm not a fan at all of flexible funding campaigns.
Dark Horseman
Dark Horseman
Usually it's hard to get funding unless you establish yourself with previous games and are well-known for it in the community. You might finish this game at a loss, but if it's successful, it'd mean you'd definitely hit your goal for future projects.
seita
seita
congratulations! I hope you really finish the game.
endgametech
endgametech
Robin: my goal was $3000, true. That funding would be used to improve existing art assets and create new ones. I didn't need to money to finish the game. Hence why I went with the flexible funding option-- any money contributed goes towards the stated goals and the rest is made up by myself.

Flexible funding is great when used for the correct reasons.
endgametech
endgametech
Thanks for all the positive comments guys!
Robin
Robin
I'd prefer a lower goal (so long as that's honest) and then stretch goals. That way, the pledger knows what they're getting, rather than pledging for a flexible funding project that only gets 35% of the money.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)
A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:
I am so hyped! A new post update and im anxious to see reactions..eeeeeeee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noicchi