RPG Maker Forums

Zalerinian
Zalerinian
If it's two separate classes, couldn't you just have them learn it at two different levels?
Vanilla Cheesecake
Vanilla Cheesecake
The problem is I'm teaching the skills via items, so essentially the skill is there, I'm trying to find out a way that if a class learns the same skill at a later

level, it's added.
Zalerinian
Zalerinian
That's easy with a little snippet once you find out how to get the item target into the snippet. I suppose you could use a damage formula somehow..

Try putting this:

$game_variables[100] = SceneManager.scene.item_target_actors[0]; 0

in the damage formula, and then check the value of variable 100 before and after you use the item.
Zalerinian
Zalerinian
does it change?
Vanilla Cheesecake
Vanilla Cheesecake
Before o use the item It's the number 0, and after using the item is used, "#<Game_Actor:0x13f7acc> :o
Vanilla Cheesecake
Vanilla Cheesecake
Before I*
22pepperjack
22pepperjack
I'm not sure if it would help or not (Im no coder, so the above conversation lost me.) but could making two skills with the same name and stats work? have one set to only show at one level and another at a different level?
Vanilla Cheesecake
Vanilla Cheesecake
Aha, thanks for the idea, Pepper. That idea could be do-able, but it'd mean I'd have to find a way to make the item that teaches the skill vary upon the class, somehow. I mean I couldn't subtly do it with common events, though
Zalerinian
Zalerinian
@22: He wants to teach the skills by using items if they would normally learn it at a later level.

@Essence: Good, now have the item run a common event, and in there make a conditional branch that has a script condition (last page of possible conditions). Put this in:

$game_variables[100].learnings.includes?(*insert the skill name here*)

Then inside the branch, learn the skill, otherwise don't. That should work fine for you. The damage formula puts th...
Zalerinian
Zalerinian
...the actor you selected to use the item on into a variable, and then the common event uses the variable (it is actually the actor you selected), checks the skills it *can* learn, and then if it has your skill, the conditional branch will teach the actor the skill.
22pepperjack
22pepperjack
ur welcome, i was thinking "hey ask a lazy man to do it, they will find the quickest and easyiest way to do something." so i pitched my idea as a lazy man, the only problem is what you said, i dont fully understand classes yet, so some things dont mathc up with teh idea. but anyways, glad to help ^-^
Zalerinian
Zalerinian
Hehe, that quote keeps floating around here. I like it a lot, though, and it's very true. I try to find easy ways to do things xD

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Test thử cái nào! : nụ cười:
Các bác sĩ cho biết thêm:
How funny would it be if one of us remade "The Town With No Name" in RPG Maker?
I miss my friends from the work experience program... maybe once I move, I'll have a little party with them. I'll even show them my games and perhaps my puppets. Did you know I make working puppets?
Episode 18 is here. We're still making a game in RPG Maker MZ. This week, let's make that cliff map look awesome with the new tiles we made last week! Join us live, now!

I just watched the CG movie HARLOCK: Space Pirate, a retelling of the anime Harlock story. It was pretty awesome, and has given me some inspiration for my space game, at least for parts of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eveque