RPG Maker Forums

seita
seita
you say hell yes, comfort zone goodbye!
Quigon
Quigon
I got asked for a gregonic chant combined with a muslim call to prayer once.
DesperateMeasurez
DesperateMeasurez
Haha. Comfort zone definitely bye bye!

@ Gorlami: That's very interesting. Did you do it? If so, how did that go for you?
Scythuz
Scythuz
I've had some strange requests so far but nothing could top those two! :o
Jesse - PVGames
Jesse - PVGames
I would say that maybe you should check out some of those old USSR anthems and stuff like that for inspiration
Eschaton
Eschaton
@DesperateMeasurez: Decline if it conflicts with your beliefs.

@Gorlami: as a veteran, the Islamic Call to Prayer still makes me pretty nervous.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
The creation of the requested resource has little to do with your own personal beliefs or stigmas. Your options are thus: Submit to your emotional kneejerk reaction and not create the resource because you find it "offensive". Or, you create the resource and do a good job on it, putting aside your personal biases for the sake of money and art.
Touchfuzzy
Touchfuzzy
That is a bitunfair @Tai_MT. Someone can turn down a commission for any reason they wish. Also, the idea that something conflicts with personal beliefs is a "emotional kneejerk reaction" rather than a deliberate decision is insulting.
Eschaton
Eschaton
@Touchfuzzy:

Right?
DesperateMeasurez
DesperateMeasurez
The creation process, at least for me, actually has quite a bit to do with personal beliefs. I, for one, find it more motivating and inspiring if I can personally get behind and really believe in the project.

Doing things for the sake of art is one thing. And I'm fine with that because art serves a higher purpose for me. Doing things solely for the sake of money however, is not right to me.

One thing I think about most whenever I take on a project is how I will be re...
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
@Touchfuzzy

I don't really consider it "unfair" at all. If you are asked to create a resource to be used in the game, it isn't likely because it's going to be used in some "pro communist/terrorism" way. It's likely that the resource is going to be used in a menacing and frightening way to highlight what sort of place the player just walked into. Thus, it is an "emotional kneejerk reaction". If you react without asking what the resource is...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

image_2021-06-13_213812.png

Todays Lesson: Tiles are a pain to make xD
The game is not even 2% complete, but i just wanted to release something for funsies. :)
It's on my google drive.
It would be awesome if i could get a couple ideas and the like!
So yesterday Dad took me to Volcano Bay, and it was almost ruined by a thunderstorm... then it passed by and the lightning warning got lifted, leading to an awesome time sliding and swimming. Hopefully we get to go to the arcade tonight. The one we're planning on has a restaurant built in with AWESOME food. Not to mention how big the arcade itself is!
image_2021-06-13_150033.png

Maybe I'll actually try making a retro pack. Already have the shark fin made so why not xD
Hey everyone, for everybody following along with my RPG Maker MZ streams: There will unfortunately not be a stream tonight. There is a big exciting event that will go live next week that has been taking all my time, so look forward to that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amber22