Comments on Profile Post by CWells

1. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    Ok, I can help you with this. first, I assume your account is an administrator, correct?
    Aug 16, 2013
  2. CWells
    CWells
    Yes. I run as administrator.
    Aug 16, 2013
  3. CWells
    CWells
    Hell, there's a whole thread you can check out where I was fighting with this error in the vx ace support forum.
    Aug 16, 2013
  4. CWells
    CWells
    I have Windows 7 Home premium.
    Aug 16, 2013
  5. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    Alright, What you need to do is create a .bat file. go to your desktop, right click an empty space, go to New -> Text Document

When it asks you to name it, name it "fix.bat", and make sure there is no .txt anymore. It should change the icon.
    Aug 16, 2013
  6. CWells
    CWells
    Done but icon remains the same. Paper picture.
    Aug 16, 2013
  7. CWells
    CWells
    Nevermind. Got it.
    Aug 16, 2013
  8. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    alright, does the icon look like a window with two little gears in it?
    Aug 16, 2013
  9. CWells
    CWells
    Yes it does now.
    Aug 16, 2013
  10. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    Alright, right click it, and select Edit. Notepad should open.

In notepad put in this:

@echo off

net user Administrator /active:yes

net user Administrator *insert a password here*

pause

this will activate Window's default administrator account, which is normally inactive, hidden, and unusable. It will set the account's password to whatever you put in place of *insert a password here*. If you are going to use a space in the password...
    Aug 16, 2013
  11. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    space in the password, put it in quotes.
    Aug 16, 2013
  12. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    now you should be able to logout of your current account, and into the Administrator account, which should now appear on the login screen. through this account you should be able to get your resources, as the administrator account should have all privileges on the system.
    Aug 16, 2013
  13. CWells
    CWells
    But is this only a temporary fix? I mean, I remember reading about this and it is cautioned not to mess with things there.

Could I really fix the permissions issue from there then go back to my normal administrator account?

Or will I have to use this just to work on the games?
    Aug 16, 2013
  14. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    you can fix it through here. Just find the files, left click to select them, then right click, go to properties on the bottom, and then on the security tab make sure you normal account has all permissions for it.

then we can disable the account again so that it's hidden.
    Aug 16, 2013
  15. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    you can fix it through here. Just find the files, left click to select them, then right click, go to properties on the bottom, and then on the security tab make sure you normal account has all permissions for it.

then we can disable the account again so that it's hidden.
    Aug 16, 2013
  16. CWells
    CWells
    Alright. I'll go through this and have a look around.
    Aug 16, 2013
  17. djDarkX
    djDarkX
    Why would you need to buy the program again or any of them again? If you bought software, wherever you bought them from should give you a copy again, especially if it was via digital download.
    Aug 16, 2013
  18. Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    I think it's mostly an issue of needing the resources already made, which Windows locked him out of. The default Administrator account should have all privileges on anything, since it's a hidden system account. There is always the SYSTEM account, but that's never a recommended thing to try to get into.
    Aug 16, 2013
  19. CWells
    CWells
    Nevermind the concern about buying VX Ace again. Zalerinian thanks for helping. I checked off in my file properties to allow administrator privileges but it did not resolve anything. I go back to the game to try to fix up my graphics and I still get access denied, despite having full administrator rights, I am asked to look for the creator of the file (ME), and ask for administrator rights. I checked everything twice, went back and forth between accounts and still, the issue persists. No idea...
    Aug 16, 2013