RPG Maker Forums

StrawberrySmiles
StrawberrySmiles
Probably because like other fighting games, beating up your friends virtually is a blast? :D
Hahn Deathspark
Hahn Deathspark
Except the fact that the violence is just, god...
Redeye
Redeye
Pffft, Mortal Kombat is nothing. Look up No More Heroes and Manhunt.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
The violence is tame by today's standards, if we're being honest. You're kind of late to the party.
Hahn Deathspark
Hahn Deathspark
Oh I'm sorry.

I just don't like violence.

And yes, sorry for being late =P

But seriously, how do people enjoy that, just, man... :/
Arin
Arin
<Doesn't like violence.

<Manages to kill loads of people and monsters in RPG games.
Scythuz
Scythuz
Violence in a video game is often interpreted in a completely different way to real life violence by most people. Like for example, say I get a fatality on mortal kombat that involves pulling out the opponents spine. In real life I'd find something like that completely disgusting, but, in a game, it comes across as a visual indicator that I did something right. In this case, the button combination for the fatality was entered in correctly and a suitably over the top animation will play....
Scythuz
Scythuz
A similar thing occurs when you do critical hits on an rpg, the game gives you a visual indicator that you did something cool.
Hahn Deathspark
Hahn Deathspark
My interpretation: As long as I don't see too much gore, I'm pretty much happy X3
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
Depending on the player, he might view it differently... like in this case, MK's effects sickens him and as such we cannot really force into him the idea that it's just for indicaton etc...
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
Personally, when the setting is completely fantasy/mythology, I can take blood and gore, but for games that is more or less closer to life (like GTA), the blood and gore has a different impact for me...
Hahn Deathspark
Hahn Deathspark
Yup, I guess you are right.

I enjoy beating up random people in GTA V though XDXD
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
I enjoy GTA games though, but I was never a fan of the bloody weapons... I like it better to just blow things up
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
The problem with Mortal Kombat isn't the gore in it. The problem is that it's generally a generic "fighting game" which has as its only distinguishing feature the use of Fatalities and gore. Had those been left out of the game, it would never have become as popular as it has been.
Hahn Deathspark
Hahn Deathspark
@adiktuzmiko

Exactly! :)

@Tai

Nya, probably the only feature that makes the game famous I guess XDXD
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
Engr. Adiktuzmiko
Seriously, most of fighting games have only 1 or 2 differences from each other...
Hahn Deathspark
Hahn Deathspark
:3

I like Blazblue and Persona 4 Arena...
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
I generally dislike all fighting games for their lack of interesting gameplay mechanics. They basically all play exactly the same and they all have at least ONE supercheap character that everyone plays as to do their one supercheap move. A decent fighting game would let you counter while you're being air juggled, or allow you to interrupt enemy animations while they are trying to combo.
Reynard Frost
Reynard Frost
Never watch Rated R movies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phiny