Comments on Profile Post by Rixis (릭시스)

1. Darkanine
    Darkanine
    Its not just Kickstarter,full games on steam greenlight also make us look horrible.
    Dec 6, 2013
  2. Rixis (릭시스)
    Rixis (릭시스)
    Totally gotta agree with that one too, i wasnn't sure how bad things were looking on steam but it guess its bad over there too. XP
    Dec 6, 2013
  3. Darkanine
    Darkanine
    On the bright side,theirs been 3 greenlit RPG maker games so far,and another (IIRC is called Twisted) is getting positive reception.
    Dec 6, 2013
  4. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Rpg Maker is already got a bad reputation of being an easy engine. Not particularly bad, but easy. If ppl can put up anything on kickstarter, they will. All that will happen is that people might not care about the game. Doesn't mean that it will happen to everyone using RPG maker (Look at To the Moon or YANTH for example).
    Dec 6, 2013
  5. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    And.. if you think other people are making you look horrible? Why don't you guys make that really epic game then? Easy to say that when you have nothing to show yourselves :D
    Dec 6, 2013
  6. EtphTheElephant
    Dec 6, 2013
  7. Rixis (릭시스)
    Rixis (릭시스)
    Think you misunderstand what im trying to say a bit, im not saying those make US specifically look bad or your/my personal project look bad, im just saying it makes the engine itself look bad becuase of the "not so great" games that pop up and exspect to be funded and they are beyound sub par. I think if the project is actually good i see no problem at alll with it wanting some funding, too them moon is a great example. Im not attacking anybody
    Dec 6, 2013
  8. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    Yeah I think I misunderstood you to a degree. But what I'm trying to say is that I think it won't matter if people put up 'shitty' games and want them to be funded. All that will happen is that people wont do it. I dont think It's because of the engine at all, but simply because of that particular game. I think there are some RPG Maker games that shows that (since those are the ones that have been funded, or well recieved to a larger audiance). And games can still be good...
    Dec 6, 2013
  9. Dark_Metamorphosis
    Dark_Metamorphosis
    ...good even when it only uses RTP and therefor get funded that way. Anyway I didn't want it to sound like you were attacking anyone, that wasn't my intention at all. And I'm not attacking you either :)
    Dec 6, 2013